Thursday, January 28, 2016

Favourite AB Sheet Masks (+ a meh one)

I think I'm really late in discovering the world of Reddit. Through Reddit, I got to the know the lovely world of AB or Asian Beauty. Not that I am new to Asian beauty products, but I'm really new to the AB community in Reddit. To be quite honest, the Reddit AB community is so much more informative and reliable than a quick Google search. 

I came across a thread on holy grail AB sheet masks and I was introduced to soooooo many new brands! I wanted to try so many of them T_T. However, I do have a few holy grail sheet masks that I know I will use again and again in the future. Here's the list! 

  • This sheet mask uses unbleached pure cotton pad to enhance comfort, application and essence absorption. It applies smoothly on the skin and has a pleasant herbal smell. I really like this for when my skin is red and inflamed (especially good the day after extraction at a facial salon). I don't go for facials anymore, but this certainly has helped to soothe the redness, while providing ample hydration at the same time. 
  • I have another holy grail Innisfree mask, but I ran out of it (I must have used more than 50 already). It's the Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask in Bija. Fantastic sheet mask and an all-rounder. 
  • I thought this was going to be a gimmicky mask that's all visual and no substance. But I was so wrong. I first tried it during my Hong Kong trip last year. I had major skin troubles and my face incredibly inflamed and irritated (to the point whereby SASA ladies immediately talked to me about getting products for severe acne, without me asking). I used this on the last night and my skin immediately cooled down and felt less itchy. The redness and pimples were still there, but the skin didn't feel as hot. Great mask for days in which the skin is hot and itchy due to inflammation. This mask was great fun too. I walked out of my room with this applied and my sister got a shock and started laughing hysterically. 


MEDIHEAL Tea Tree Care Solution Essential Mask

  • This one uses a cellulose sheet mask that is drenched in the essence. Application can get a little messy but the mask applies on your skin very smoothly, almost like a second layer of skin. I like this because after you remove the mask, the essence gets absorbed into your skin very quickly. Sometimes I put this on for longer than the recommended time just because there's so much essence! The longest was an hour and the sheet mask was still moist to the touch. 
Neogence N3 Mandelic Acid Refinish Mask - I can't find a link for this anywhere, did Neogence discontinue this line? Here's a reddit link (one fo the users highly recommended the mask) - https://www.reddit.com/r/AsianBeauty/comments/3ogupr/random_purchases_that_end_up_surprising_you/
  • This mask can get a little tingly so if you have sensitive skin, please stay away. It contains mandelic acid, a type of AHA, which is a chemical exfoliant. It's great for calming down huge painful pimples. Won't make them disappear overnight, but they will be significantly less painful. I'm currently on roaccutane so I'm not using this mask as often as before. But if you are not on such strong medication and are experiencing some painful cystic spots, this may be great for you. 


And then... there's this...

I really do not like them.

I got the Mamonde 7Days Project Sheet Mask (Soothing) via RoseRoseShop because I was intrigued. Daily mask application for 7 days?! I tried one and I hated it. The essence was so oily and sticky. Hours after I removed the mask, my skin still felt sticky and heavy. I couldn't take it anymore and just washed my face with my usual cleanser. My skin really felt like I had a hefty layer of oil on it. Not good at all.

Maybe this will be better for those with extra extra extra dry skin. Or those living in extreme cold temperatures.


So there you go! 4 current holy-grail masks and 1 meh mask. :D Now I need to restock the Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask, and perhaps try other brands! Any recommendations?

No comments: