Tuesday, February 2, 2016

RoseRoseShop Haul (COSRX and Ciracle Products)

My second RoseRoseShop order just arrived last week and this time it took me almost 2 months. The package was first sent back to the sender because I didn't state my address clearly (the floor and unit numbers were excluded), so that's my bad. Then, it was stuck at the warehouse for 9 days, so that's their bad. Fortunately, the RoseRoseShop crew was a nice bunch. They included SO MANY free samples, so yay! :) 

I got some backups of my favourite COSRX products and also some new COSRX and Ciracle products to try out. 

(Left to Right)
COSRX Centella Water Alcohol Free Toner
COSRX Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol
COSRX Centella Blemish Ampoule
COSRX Centella Blemish Cream
Ciracle Anti-Blemish Aqua Cream

I'm in this use-only-alcohol-free-toner phase, so I immediately put this in my shopping cart. It really makes a whole lot of difference to use alcohol free toner especially when you're on accutane. My skin feels thoroughly nourished and hydrated every time I spritz some on my face. Toners with alcohol stings my currently sensitive skin.

And then we have the COSRX Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol.... I'm quite sad about this. I can't use this anymore! :'( No matter how much I love this product (I think this was the main reason my acne stayed at a moderate level and not the severe stage), my skin now is way too dry and sensitive for a chemical exfoliant. After 2 weeks of not applying this, I went back to it and immediately the next morning, I had rashes around my eyes and my forehead. I guess I have to sell it away then since I won't be able to use it for the entire year.


The COSRX Centella Blemish Ampoule is a stellar product for those with severe redness on the skin. I mix this with my moisturiser every night and my skin feels soothed and less irritated. Long-term usage definitely helps with hyper-pigmentation left by acne. It also adds more moisture to my skin - very needed right now!


I took a gamble and bought COSRX Centella Blemish Cream. It's highly recommended on reddit for smoothing acne scars and also healing active blemishes. I have used it every night for 5 nights and I still don't know if it's working or not. Yes, I have a significant reduction in the appearance of acne scars, but accutane is supposed to do that to. Hmm, maybe trying out new anti-inflammatory, blemish-targeted product while on accutane is not a good idea haha. The additional hydration is very much welcome though. The texture is very strange - like whipped cream-mousse texture that turns into lotion when applied on the skin. So initially, it feels like a heavy cream, but it blends into nothingness. Very interesting.

The best find is the Ciracle Anti-Blemish Aqua Cream. I love this SO SO MUCH. Before this arrived, I was using the moisturiser that my dermatologist recommended and nope nope nope, that thing stung my skin and the fume (??) stung my eyes on every single application. This, on the other hand, was a dream to apply. I love everything about it, the gel-texture, the fast absorption, the ample hydration, ah I'm so glad I found a legit moisturiser! :')

Etude House AC Clinic Daily Aqua Cream is something similar. Maybe I should try that too!


The free samples included. Doesn't look like much, but the last time I ordered on RoseRoseShop, the parcel only came with 3 free samples, so this, in comparison, is extremely generous.

The two small bottles are samples of the ZYMOGEN Houttuynia Cordata Ferment Lotion and Houttuynia Cordata Ferment Serum. Quite excited to try those out because I've read magical things about them online, especially for acne-prone skin!!


Accutane 1-month update post coming soon! :)

No comments: