Saturday, December 6, 2014

BLOGMAS Day 6: Review - Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence R and Spot Essence W

For new readers, a quick background of my skin type and condition - I have oily, acne-prone skin and it gets worse when I'm under stress. My acne usually sprouts (lol) at the jawline and upper-lip areas - a condition diagnosed as Google doctor as "hormonal acne". I also believe I'm in that awkward hormones-bo-balance stage (or in proper English, hormonal imbalance) so my body is rebelling and as a result my skin is not cooperating as well. Before I hit my 20s, I barely had pimples. :( I miss those days so much. 

This is why I'm always on the search for anti-acne skin products, and recently I trust South Korean brands more because they are less harsh and works as effectively as the usual spot treatment creams with benzoyl peroxide/salicylic acid. I loved the Etude House AC Clinic line and I was eager to try out other popular South Korean brands that offer an anti-acne skincare line. 

I was on Qoo10 one day (like which day am I not on Qoo10 right? HAHA) and a store selling Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble products had a time sale so I jumped at the chance! I bought both the Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence R and Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence W for less than S$30 - a steal considering how each can go up to S$30+ in the local brick and mortar stores. 


Packaging: I really love the choice of colour for the outer packaging. This minty green colour is the perfect colour for an anti-trouble line! Words are in white instead of black, which gives it a more soothing and professional. I know, I'm looking way too much into their packaging, but this is how customers like me are intrigued to try anti-trouble products. The cleaner, less busy, more soothing and more professional the outer packaging, the more I feel like I can trust this product.


A full-sized Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence R has 15ml of product, while a full-sized Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence W has 30ml of product. This makes a lot of sense since both products are supposed to be used differently -

  • The Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence R is for more serious breakouts - especially those that are extremely irritated or painful. 
  • The Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence W is to soothe and treat bumpy skin (i.e. minor spots that don't hurt). 
A little bit of the Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence R is good enough for a really enraged pimple, hence the 15ml of product is more than sufficient. On the other hand, the Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence W can be applied on more areas, hence you will use this up faster than the R product - 30ml is reasonable. 





Starting with the Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence R:

For this product, you are instructed to use a cotton swab to apply the product on desired areas - you definitely don't want to transfer more bacteria onto your erupting painful mess by using your fingers!






On the other hand, the Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence W can be applied as per normal - after cleansing, toning and moisturising.



Product texture/consistency:

  • the Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence R has a thick green consistency that dries off into powder after blending. The green colour also helps to hide the redness around the acne. 
  • the Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence W feels more like a lightweight moisturiser that applies very well under makeup. 
Therefore, I will suggest that you use Spot Essence R at night before bed since it will leave a greenish tinge on your skin, and you can use Spot Essence W in the mornings before makeup. 


Top: Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence R
Bottom: Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence W
Do these work as claimed?

  • the Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence R is marvellous. It dries up the pimple within a day and after 3 days, you have your flat surface again. The best thing is once you apply this on an incredibly painful area, the pain gradually goes away and you don't feel the pain after half a day. I really hate it when pimples are painful - most of my pimples are around my mouth area, and it affects how I smile. Like smile already, then damn pain, so sad right?? 
  • the Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence W, on the other hand, is just an average product. It's targeted towards minor spots that don't hurt and so it's not as obvious whether it is effective or not. I have used this for a more than 2 months on such areas, and I don't really see a difference in my skin condition. The good thing is those areas remained as they are in the 2 months, no new spots, and none of the spots evolved to face demons. 
Will I buy these again? I'll definitely purchase Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence R again, but not the Spot Essence W

Any of my readers have more South Korean anti-acne/anti-trouble products to recommend? Do let me know if you have any good ones that you want me to try! 

Have a good weekend! :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i am currently facing the same problem as u. i have serious breakouts on my chin areas and all around my mouth. i used to have acne-free skin. crying hard now to deal with this problem. can i know hows your skin condition now? and other than this product, are there any other products u're using to deal with this condition? thank you so much