Monday, July 13, 2015

Dating in the West

I have finally done something with my blog layout and template. I wanted to change the background picture and keep everything else, but Blogger is not cooperating at all. So, I changed the entire template. 

It looks markedly different from the previous template but I like how much cleaner and brighter it looks now. Hope you guys like it too! 

Last weekend, Kengyang and I had our brunch date at Rise & Grind Coffee Co. We are not huge brunch eaters but the cafe is located really near to our houses (Bukit Timah Plaza) so there was no transportation woes to stop us from trying out the new joint. 

Overall, it was okay. I'm going to sound terribly obnoxious here but I have tried better brunch food. Better bread at Gaest/Ronin, better guacamole at Guac & Go, better scrambled eggs at Food For Thought, better grilled mushrooms at Toss & Turn, more greens at The Lokal, etc. etc. But they have very Instagram-worthy plates! Kengyang and I enjoyed our food and even though we had better, we were still pleased with the overall experience - near our houses, cosy ambience, and good service!

The Conquistador
Rise & Grind Coffee Co. 
1 Jalan Anak Bukit #L1-CA1, Bukit Timah Plaza, Singapore 588996 


We then headed to the UNESCO World Heritage Site for a light stroll! It wasn't a good decision because it was scorching hot and I was in a food coma. Apparently quite entertaining for Kengyang because I started talking gibberish and acting like siaodingdong. Heat + food coma = kee siao me. 

Anyway, congrats to Kengyang for securing his job! Yay, we are both earning money now. Let's hope we save more than we spend :D 

Have a great week ahead guys! 4-day work week! HUAT!


No comments: