Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Quick Review: Holika Holika Soda Pore Cleansing O2 Bubble Mask


Many years ago (perhaps 7-8 years ago), I tried an oxygen mask from Etude House and fell head over heels in love with it because of how effective it was. I think the product name was 02 White Mask Sheet - I can't really remember now because it has sadly been discontinued by the brand. After that, I just couldn't be bothered to find an alternative (poor JC student's woes) and I stopped using oxygen-infused masks from then on. 

The thought came back to me a couple of months back. What if oxygen masks can help with my acne?! I researched and found one that's particularly suitable for acne-prone skin - Holika Holika Soda Pore Cleansing O2 Bubble Mask. This contains carbonated water, baking powder, tea tree and gold kiwi - all great for cleansing out those dirty clogged pores. 

I bought mine from Qoo10 for S$21.90 (+ S$1.90 shipping) and this has become a staple in my skincare routine. 

First of all, the application process is very ... gratifying. After cleansing, lather one-two pumps of the Holika Holika Soda Pore Cleansing O2 Bubble Mask on your entire face, avoiding the eye and lip area. Then watch the magic happen - the white clay-mask-like consistency froths up steadily, covering your face gradually with dense white bubbles. After 2 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water and you're done! 

I saw a noticeable difference even only after one application - my skin felt immensely smooth and the dry patches on my skin (usually scars from freshly popped pimples) were not so obvious anymore. Also, my face looked so much brighter and more radiant, like as if I just did a 30-min slow jog (minus the sweat). 

I have used the Holika Holika Soda Pore Cleansing O2 Bubble Mask for close to 2 months now - twice weekly - and I have been enjoying every application. Does it tackle pimples? Maybe not so much. However, it didn't break me out and I love how radiant I looked after each application, so it's still a winner in my books. 

I really love incorporating oxygen-infused masks to my skincare routines, so please let me know if you have a similar product from another brand that I can try! :)  

2 comments:

Miyu said...

Hi Fitrina, is it something like this product? http://althea.kr/cleanser/baking-powder-pore-cleansing-foam
I would love to try out these kind of products, never knew they existed hehe

Fitrina Lim said...

Hi Miyu,

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been checking the comments on my blog.

Are you referring to the Etude House product?

I tried the baking powder line before and I broke out from that, so I didn't like it at all :(