Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Review: Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Garden of Eden Palette

A few months ago, I blogged about my Sleek MakeUP haul and I finally am reviewing the eyeshadow palettes that I bought. 

As blogged 4 months ago, I bought the Sleek products from the Sleek website itself because international shipping was incredibly and surprisingly cheap. Only £1.67. What?! Even some Qoo10 sellers from Korea charge more than that. So yes, I got 2 eyeshadow palettes and a blush.

The Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Garden of Eden Palette costs £7.99. The palettes are really much cheaper than what some local online stores are selling them for. 

I bought 2 palettes, and I'm very proud of myself because both palettes belong to colour categories outside of the nude/neutral category. This Garden of Eden palette still has a few nude shades but the focus is on those beautiful green and purple-pink shades. 


Ingredients List

Great effort from Sleek MakeUP to include some kind of application instructions. But doesn't really help that much lah because I think a visual representation will be much more helpful and impactful. Like skip the many many words, and just put 5 different eyes for the 5 different looks.

But, hey, still great effort! Better than only stating the ingredients list and such usual sections right? I'm really just nitpicking here.


Packaging: Sleek MakeUP products always has very ... sleek (for lack of a better word) packaging. Simple and chic black outer packaging, very reminiscent of NARS product packaging. One more thing that I absolutely ADORE about Sleek MakeUP eyeshadow palettes is the huge mirror. Not just a tiny, bo sim (Eng: no heart/heartless) mirror, but one that is the same size as the entire cover. Excellent!


Pardon the reflection, those are my legs. :P


Pigmentation: 10 out of the 12 shades applied with great and commendable pigmentation. The 2 bottom left eyeshadows (Entwined and Adam's Apple) are just difficult to work with. Entwined is still buildable, maybe after like 5-6 layers, but for Adam's Apple, it's just bad. I can't replicate the vibrant pastel lime green shade at all! It just looks powdery and after you gently rub the area, the eyeshadow disappeared completely. Why like this one??

On a positive note, the other 10 colours are gorgeous. I'm glad they added a few matte/semi-matte shades to this palette. Sleep MakeUP eyeshadow palettes used to be filled with mostly frosty and shimmery shades.

Application: The frosty/shimmery shades apply buttery-smooth. No streakiness and they are really easy to blend out. The matte/semi-matte shades are more tricky, but nothing too challenging if you have the correct eyeshadow brushes. If you have a blending eyeshadow brush, it will take you longer to blend out the harsh edges of the matte/semi-matte shades, but still do-able.

Lighting: Normal cloudy day

Lighting: Normal cloudy day with camera flash switched on
Longevity: You definitely need a good eyeshadow primer if you have oily eyelids. Last weekend, I applied Paradise on Earth on my entire eyelid and a bit of Eve's Kiss in the inner corners WITHOUT an eyeshadow primer despite knowing that I will be out for almost 12 hours (yes, very stupid). I applied at around 1130ish and 6 hours in, I started to see the oily lines forming on my eyelids. 10 hours in (we were having karaoke session), the purple-pink hue disappeared completely and it became more murky and greyish. I don't know what chemical reaction was happening but aiyah just apply eyeshadow primer before these eyeshadows!

Will I buy it again? Of course! Sleek MakeUP is always coming out with new palettes. Currently, they have the Del Mar II palette and this palette packs in some summer-appropriate shades like a hot peach and a canary yellow. Not really up my alley, but usually they introduce more subdued shades in autumn/winter, so I am eagerly waiting. Also hor, I now have 6 Sleek MakeUP eyeshadow palettes, so I don't mind expanding this collection lah. :D

Have a great day guys! 

No comments: