Thursday, May 21, 2015

Review: Etude House Color Lips-fit (PK003 Fantasy Fit Pink)

I'm back, I'm back!! Hoorah! 

A new digital camera really is different. iPhone 5's camera is amazing, but the Canon G7X is still much better for review posts. The problem is I still can't figure out how to use the macro function properly. Like how come always looks great on the screen, but when the photo is taken, there's this strange blurring effect? I read so many forums and I still don't understand. I'm going to meet Chay at the end of the month and she's going to analyse this strange phenomena for me since she's the expert. 

For now, the photos still nice lah, but not as sharp as I want them to be. Hopefully they will get better once we figure out the blurring problem! 

A couple of months back (before my old camera died on me), I bought a lot, a lot, a lot of Korean beauty products from Qoo10 (this post!) and now I finally have the resources to properly review them. First up, the Etude House Color Lips-fit in PK003 Fantasy Fit Pink. I bought PP501 Brave Fit Berry as well, but that was sold out. I'm going to hunt for that shade because I like the consistency and wear of this lip product, and Brave Fit Berry is a gorgeous deep berry pink! 

I bought the Etude House Color Lips-fit for S$10.90 (additional S$0.60 normal mail) on Qoo10. I think it's S$15 in Etude House Singapore stores. 


Expectations:

  • moisturising
  • easy application ("glides")
  • high pigmentation
  • lightweight
  • dries to semi-matte finish




Packaging: I'm always a fan of lip tints/liquid lipsticks that have clear packaging. This way, I can quickly choose my lip product without opening 10+ other lip products. The Etude House Color Lips-fit has that ideal packaging! Other than that, the product packaging is fuss-free and nothing too special or fancy.


Pigmentation: Well, one expectation fulfilled! The Etude House Color Lips-fit is incredibly pigmented. The swatch photos below were taken only after one swipe from the doe-foot applicator. Very impressive ah. Just like the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams! Now I'm really excited to hunt down that deep berry colour!

Colour: PK003 Fantasy Fit Pink is a subtle barbie pink. Nothing too loud or neon, but still has that appealing factor. It's suitable for everyday wear, perfect when you want to add a little bit more colour to your lips. I prefer this shade of pink because you don't look too OTT. Pink shades like Barbie pink or Nicki Minaj pink are too flamboyant for my liking.

Lighting: Normal daylight

Lighting: Normal daylight + camera flash
Application: Very smooth and easy application. No streakiness at all! It's quite moisturizing, and yet it's not sticky/glossy. This is the type of liquid lipsticks that I love the most. Some liquid lipsticks are sooooo moisturising and sooooo glossy. Go out of my house 5 minutes and I'll be eating my own hair already. The Etude House Color Lips-fit and NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream have now become my top 2 liquid lipsticks! I need more shades!


Longevity: This product dries within 5 minutes of application and it dries to a beautiful semi-matte finish that I always prefer in a liquid lipstick. The Etude House Color Lips-fit feels lightweight on the lips, and there's no stickiness. The vibrancy and pigmentation lasted for a good 5 hours. It's not as long-lasting as I want it too, but touching up doesn't bother me at all. Some lip products are nightmares to touch up because they feel so caked up on your lips. For this one, touching up feels like no touch-ups at all. Very strange ah, but I like it.

Special mention: THIS SMELLS SO SO SO SO GOOD. If you grew up in Indonesia, you will know of Sugus. It's like the Indonesian version of Japanese Hi-Chew. The Etude House Color Lips-fit smells just like the grape-flavoured sugus. OH MY GOSH. NOMS.

Here is my favourite sugus.


Wait. I just googled and Sugus is actually Swiss. MIND BLOWN! But aiyah, I only had them when I was in Indonesia, so ok lah, they are "Indonesian" to me.

Have a great week guys! :D More review posts coming soon! 

No comments: