Sunday, May 17, 2015

Secret Garden


A few months ago, someone shared the story of Johanna Basford on facebook. Back then, I was highly intrigued by how she penned (like really "penned" because she drew EVERYTHING herself) a colouring book for adults. Some described the colouring process to be a thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing one, and it really seemed interesting. As interesting as it is, I didn't want to own one because I didn't think I needed such a book. Fast forward a few months later.... I bought the book. This has resided permanently on my work desk, together with my many markers and colouring pencils, and honestly the reviews were accurate. Every single time I feel immensely stressed out, I whip this magical book out and spend a good 10-15 minutes colouring away, and the experience's always bordering on therapeutic. But then again, I believe I will be over 30 years old when I finally finish colouring the entire book.

I also recently did a very tiring wardrobe cleansing. Spring cleaning my closet is not something that I enjoy doing, but it has to be done because I couldn't close the cupboard doors properly ah. So, I sold my stuff on Carousell and so far response has been positive and overwhelming. Highly because I sold my items for so cheap. This clean-out has left quite a commendable amount of space in my wardrobe and so now I'm eager to get new things. 旧的不去,新的不來! (Non-Chinese speakers - this just means if you don't get rid of the old, how do you welcome the new?) 

I have thought it through thoroughly (wah this phrase was strangely shiok to write haha) and I think I have a few items that I really need in my collection. I searched for so many cross-body bags, shift dresses and ballet flats online! It's time to get nice, high-quality ones that will last. Taobao products are great because they are so cheap, but most of the time, they don't last. Shall wait for my pay to come in to revamp my wardrobe!

Phew, this turned out to be quite a chit-chatty post. 

A couple of eyeshadow palettes and a couple of lip products reviews coming soon! 

Have a great week ahead!


No comments: