Tuesday, December 16, 2014

BLOGMAS Day 16: Quick Review - Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner in 01 Black

This week has been mad! I started work way too early from Monday-Thursday and I only 15-20 minutes for lunch this week. We're really busy now that we have a huge client onboard and one of my researcher colleague was on vacation, hence it was a crazy factory lah. Churning out so many fixes and new features, handling so many projects (both Asian and European) and answering panicky phone calls. Fortunately, the week has come to an end and I can't wait for the weekend to start!

That also means I can continue on my BLOGMAS posts. I have been stuck on Day 15 and that's no bueno. So I'm determined to write 4 posts tonight! I'm going to adjust the posting date to suit the BLOGMAS day though, so that it seems like I posted once every day. :P

This post is all about my other favourite eyeliner - the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner in 01 Black. My all time favourite eyeliner is the Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner. It's my go-to eyeliner for those days when I pressed the snooze button too many times because of how easily it applies. The Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner is reserved for those days when I have more time doing my makeup (hence more brain cells allocated for concentration).

You can get the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner at Watsons easily or if you want to get them online, Luxola sells them for S$22.90.




Ingredients list
The brush that came bundled with the eyeliner is actually quite decent. I use it to apply the eyeliner and it's a well-designed brush, great for picking up the product and then applying it smoothly and consistently. The brush is also designed to allow drawing of a thicker line or a thinner line - whichever you fancy. Just turn the brush to the correct side - thinner line require the thinner side of the brush, thicker line means using the wider side of the brush. Nice!


The Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner is packaged in a way that it's 60% packaging and 40% product. Look at how thick thick the glass part of the packaging is?!

But it's fine though - many high end brands also design their gel lines this way and they cost way, way more. Also, if you use gel liner often, you will realise that the more product you have does not mean you get more use out of it. Gel liners dry up very quickly, especially if you use it daily. You keep opening and closing the cover and you expose the product to the air more often, hence it dries up much quicker. Therefore, if you have more product, you have the tendency to waste more.

So yes, this is one of the few scenarios in which getting less product can have a positive outcome.




The Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner applies beautifully and one brush stroke can give you an uninterrupted line on your eyelids. Very impressive!

Every time I apply this gel liner, I don't have the problem of it drying too quickly and then flaking when I use apply a second line on top. Very irritating you know when that happens - you get strange black flakes on the upper cheeks and some may get inside your eyes. This one is awesome and none of that happened.



This gel liner lasts a long long long time without smudging or moving around from the oily lids. The longest I had this eyeliner on was perhaps for more than 20 hours?! I was staying over at a friend's house and we didn't sleep at all. I was shocked when this eyeliner stayed put the next morning. 

See how precise you can be with the brush in the photo below? I love this eyeliner a lot. The only downside will be that I need more time whenever I use the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner. Need to focus man, if not confirm look like a mess. 



Such a good eyeliner from a drug store brand. I have tried the Bobby Brown gel liner before and I can confirm that this one is as good! Great job, Maybelline!!

3 comments:

Miyu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miyu said...

Great post! Silent reader here!! You should try out tony moly's gel liner too! Really easy and smooth to apply. Love the way you blog, so easygoing and relatable! Keep on blogging! :D

Fitrina Lim said...

Hi Miyu,

Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas! :)

Ooh, I should try out this gel liner then. Maybe I'll get one if it's available on Qoo10!