Sunday, October 26, 2014

Quick Review: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in SMLC17 Ibiza

Words alone are not enough to describe my obsession with the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I need to do hip shakes, arm flails and many fist pumps. The want is urgent - I want ALL colours. 

Before SMLC17 Ibiza, I only owned one NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - SMLC01 Amsterdam. After months and months of looking at swatches on Instagram, I decided to stop thinking too much and just GET IBIZA. The NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream is not very expensive; it's actually really affordable at S$10.50 at Shopping-Disctrict.net. The reason why I hesitated getting this so much is because this colour seemed rather similar to the one that I owned. "Seemed" is the key word here because once it arrived, I realised my worries were unfounded. 

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in SMLC17 Ibiza is a beautiful deep rose pink that sets to an impressively long-lasting matte finish. On the other hand, SMLC01 Amsterdam is more like a true red. 

Why do I love it so much to the point where I can put this on an altar and pray to it?
  • Applies smoothly and easily with no lumps or streaks. 
  • Dries to a pleasant matte finish where your lips still look full and not dry.
  • Surprisingly moisturising - doesn't cause fine lines on the lips, unlike many other matte lip products.
  • Extremely long-lasting - it will survive a full 9-6 day with no touch-ups effortlessly.
  • Super durable - no matter how many sips of coffee (or any other drinks) I took and how much food I ate, the colour is still on my lips. It didn't look like I had food/drink at all!
  • Pigmentation is to die for. Seriously at S$10.50, this is the bomb man. 
I don't think I can find any legit cons. Ok, maybe removing it takes a little bit more time and effort, but aiyah laziness will make you ugly, so just take that extra time and effort lah!

Photos, photos!





Next on the list - SMLC20 Copenhagen. I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT THIS, but it's sold out on Shopping-District.net. I've already registered my email in the notification list, so once this is restocked, I'm checking out!!!!! Major excited woots!!!!

Gorgeous photo from x
Have a great Sunday guys! :)

No comments: