Saturday, July 5, 2014

Review: Klarity Lasertox™ CC Miracle White Lotion

When I received the email to review the Klarity Lasertox™ CC Miracle White Lotion, I was frankly on the fence. Not because I heard bad things about the brand, but because my skin wasn't (and currently also still is not) in the condition to test out new facial products. As I read on, I realised it wasn't just for the face, it can be used on the body too! That part intrigued me - a CC lotion useable on the body? Ok. Let's give it a go! 

The Klarity Lasertox™ CC Miracle White Lotion retails for S$29.00 (30ml) or S$49.00 (100ml)

Before I continue with my review, let me explain a little on my skin condition. Ever since 2-3 weeks ago, my skin has been acting up and I have a lot of painful pimples around my jaw area (obvious indication of a hormonal imbalance or pre-menstrual syndrome). I did not want to risk worsening my condition. Moreover, there was a caution written on the label as to "not use on sensitive or irritated skin". Not testing the product on my face was a blessing on disguise though because I wouldn't have thought a CC Lotion would work so well on the body! 



Ingredients list
The 11 short and sweet claims: whitening, purifying, repairing, firming, smoothing, soothing, hydrating, toning, anti-aging, sun-screen protection and being water-proof.

The most interesting feature of the product is the trademarked term "lasertox" - so fancy right? So what exactly is this "lasertox" technology?

"It's a functional treatment methodology that brings you targeted treatment to improve on specific concerns, by adopting the laser technology. This laser technology reinforces efficient penetration of the natural beauty essences into the skin's dermis layer." 

Basically, using a laser method of focusing penetration on a target area to purify (detox) the skin layers for better absorption of the essence. Laser + Detox = Lasertox™!

The Klarity Lasertox™ CC Miracle White Lotion:

  • promises to give you one tone lighter whitening effect instantaneously.
  • is enriched with diamond powder - instant glow after application
  • is enriched with wild rosehip extract - source of powerful antioxidant, prolongs skin youthfulness
  • has sunscreen factor of SPF30/PA++
  • is light on skin and colorant & paraben free 
  • does not clog pores
  • leaves skin smoother and more moisturised without stickiness and oily shine
As with all BB and CC products, there are a lot of claims that need to be tested out. 




Packaging: The box and the product are both in this gorgeous and mesmerizing holographic hue. I may sound crazily biased, but please ah, I'm a holographic freak, you give me a product packaged totally in holographic awesomeness, confirm two thumbs up from me! The first time I received this in the mail, I was a bit pissed because the mail was in a bad condition, hence denting the product box. Then I saw the holographic magic in full effect and I forgot my displeasure with Singpost. I just sat on bed and admired the product for a good minute or so. So pretty leh!



Texture: The Klarity Lasertox™ CC Miracle White Lotion has a texture that is like a cross between a thick night cream and a mousse-like eye cream. Not heavy at all and very smooth. Once blended out, the texture becomes a little bit more runny and patchy.


Application: When the Klarity Lasertox™ CC Miracle White Lotion is applied, there's this extremely pleasant instant cooling effect. The product blends out quite patchily but it will eventually blend out to a smooth and even finish. It just takes slightly longer than other similar products.


Whitening effect: I was highly skeptical about this claim so I put it to the ultimate test. I didn't capture my test in photos, but here's what I did - I applied the Klarity Lasertox™ CC Miracle White Lotion on my right leg and right arm, and then around 5 minutes, I tried to see if there were any differences in skin tone under different lighting. To be really honest, the difference in skin tone varies according to body parts. The difference is more prominent when I compared the darker parts like the elbow and the knee. So yes, if you are concerned about your elbows and knees, this may be a good solution.

Actually in the photo below, you can somewhat see the difference (comparing to the first photo of my hand).

The best thing about this is there's no white cast even though it's packed with SPF30 and I took this photo with flash. That's always a plus in my books! No more ghost-face disaster!


Overall thoughts: I wasn't able to test out the Klarity Lasertox™ CC Miracle White Lotion on my face, so that's a bummer. However, I love applying it on my body in the mornings, especially right after shower. It's like instant aircon for 2-3 minutes. Super shiok. :D

Ok ok, other than the temperature gratification, the CC lotion does not leave a sticky feeling and it dries to a complete matte almost instantaneously. This will of course vary according to how much product you actually use, but at the end of the day, you don't feel that eeky sticky sensation and you won't feel like the product is melting under the hot Singapore sun. The essence is absorbed entirely and you don't even feel like you have anything applied!

Will I buy it again? When I'm feeling rich, I will buy it again. As of now with my successful HDB BTO balloting, I need to seriously reprioritise my finances. Maybe I will use the Klarity Lasertox™ CC Miracle White Lotion sparingly now and once my bonus comes in at the end of the year, I will get more!


Hopefully this has been a useful read! Have a great Saturday! :)

No comments: