Monday, July 7, 2014

Review: Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion in Honey Beige W24

I'm such a laggard when it comes to trying out new cosmetic technology and innovation. I have heard of the various BB Cushions in the market but I have yet to try any...till now. At first, I thought this beauty invention was just a gimmick, but ah, I couldn't be more wrong. 

Paydays are my favourite days. Not only because they make me feel happy about the financial department, but also because the sudden surge in moolah pushes me to buy new products to try out, like this Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion. I bought it for S$20.50 on Qoo10

I'm a BB Cushion convert, and here's why...


There are 3 shades available on the Qoo10 site:

  • N02 Light Beige
  • W13 Natural Beige
  • W24 Honey Beige
As with most of South Korean foundation-type products, you have limited choice when it comes to finding the shade to match your skin. I bought the darkest one out of the lot (W24 Honey Beige) and I think it's still too light for me. 



Every single time I use the Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion, I will skip the sunscreen. It has SPF50+/PA++! I think that is a good number for a hot and humid weather like Singapore's.


Ingredients list





Packaging: A slightly hefty round compact that scores high marks in terms of product hygiene. There's a plastic separator between the puff and the cushion. The cushion is also sealed and you have to remove the safety seal before usage.




How to use: The application process is quite different, but it's not rocket science. You take the given puff and press the blue side on the cushion till you get the desired amount of product. Then you apply the puff on your face by either patting it on or spreading it all over the face. The application will have to depend on your skin condition and what you want out of the product. Relatively clear and smooth skin? Then spreading it all over is enough. If you have redness or acne to cover up, the pat the puff on the area - more coverage this way!

Usefulness of provided puff: It's marketed as the Collagen Air Puff and I understand why there's no "sponge" anywhere in the name. This puff doesn't absorb the product like a sponge! It picks up the cream and the cream will stay at the surface without getting absorbed. When you apply it on your face, you are applying what you dispensed out of the cushion. No wastage due to absorption! Also, the puff makes application a breeze. It also makes the cream look more even and smooth as compared to when you apply using your fingers.


Product consistency/texture: The Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion has a runnier consistency than the usual BB creams. I guess this slightly liquid consistency helps the puff pick up the cream better.




Application: As mentioned briefly above, application with the aid of the puff is a breeze. I don't know how they created the puff; it's amazing! Now I use it with my other liquid foundations too. First of all, the cream applies beautifully and evenly. The puff also ensures that the product is not just sitting on top of large pores and making them more obvious. With the puff, the Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion makes any large pores miraculously disappear. It's not an exaggeration - I have huge pores around my nose area and after using the puff with any of my liquid foundations, they are no longer as pronounced. I can't even see them anymore unless I go really close to the mirror.

Starting from the left:
1. Bare skin
2. One layer of Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion
3. Two layers of Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion
Coverage: The Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion has a medium coverage that's definitely buildable to a full coverage. As you can see from the photo above, one layer of Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion can cover most redness. Two layers can conceal the redness and acne better. Even after two layers, my skin doesn't look cakey or thick. It still looks like ... my skin... but better! For those with dry skin, you don't need the loose powder at all. This dries to a semi-matte finish. However, if you're like me and you have overworked sebaceous glands, then yes, loose powder is a must to finish things off.

Longevity: This lasted a good 3-4 hours before my skin looked like an oil spill occurred. I'm not complaining though because the product won't move when you blot. You don't get that irritating uneven patches on your face after the tissue/blotter picked up some product in the process. This will work VERY well for users with normal to combination skin. You will have dewy skin by the end of the day!

Will I buy it again? Wah I definitely will. It has high SPF and it has coverage that can rival liquid foundations. Moreover, the given puff is AMAZING. Of course will buy again lah. I hope Etude House provides more shades. So many people will love your product you know? Expand your target market!!

Hope this has been helpful! Have a great day guys! :)

5 comments:

joannnneeeee said...

HEY FI! Thanks for the review, I'll tell my mum to buy it from Etude House in the future. haha, she uses the same technology (wah wah wah), but from Laneige!

Fitrina Lim said...

Hello jojo, sorry for the late reply!! I really need to check the comments section more often. :P

Wwah, your mom very very hip le. The Laneige one is great for dry skin! I hope she likes it!

Unknown said...

Hallu!Im wondering if it has a dewy finish too?And singapore is really really hot and is it sweat resistant?😊I'm combi-dry skin and im wondering does it cling to dry patches?

Unknown said...

Hallu!Im wondering if it has a dewy finish too?And singapore is really really hot and is it sweat resistant?😊I'm combi-dry skin and im wondering does it cling to dry patches?

Fitrina Lim said...

Hi Namirah,

So sorry for the late reply!

This definitely has a dewy finish and will be great for normal-dry skin. Oily skin users will need a dusting of finishing/loose powder.

It's not very sweat-resistant. I blotted my face a couple of times throughout the day and a lot of the product was picked up by the tissue. And nope, it will not cling to dry patches! :)