Monday, June 16, 2014

Birkenstock: Yay or Nay?

I think I am going crazy. I have soooooooo many pairs of shoes but all I can think of is how I will style my outfits with a pair of Birks. I used to own one when I was really young, and I only had that, my flip flops and my school shoes, and I was done. Then nobody wore them anymore so I threw my extremely worn pair away, and now they are back in style. Not just back in style, but hey BACK IN STYLE. I follow a lot of fashion bloggers and fashion Youtubers, and most of them seem to be really into Birks (especially Arizonas) and I think I have been heavily brainwashed. 

I just scored a pair of Ibizas on Carousell for $12 (wtf?! I was highly doubting the authenticity, but the seller said that they were factory rejects, so okay lor, better than fake. When they came in the mail, ah~~ best buy of 2014!!) and all I can think of is how I want to wear them to office next week. Also, I really really REALLY want a pair of Arizonas in Stone Birkibuc. I don't really like all-black Arizonas, suede or patent leather. The Arizonas in Stone (Tobacco Leather also very pretty!!) are so gorgeous. Confirm can add some pizzazz to a laid-back all-black outfit. Aiyah, I want.....

Here's a The Fashion Citizen video on how to style Birks. Personally, I don't fancy overalls, but Stephanie (one half of The Fashion Citizen) rocks any outfit. 



Let's see if I will still think about Birks a month from now. If I still lust over them, then time to find them in Hong Kong when I'm there in August!! 

No comments: