Saturday, April 12, 2014

Quick Review: Kao Megurism Thermal Steam Eye Mask

I have been eyeing the Kao Megurism Thermal Steam Eye Mask for a few months. I first saw it on Qoo10 last year and I was so intrigued by this mask that's targeted for stress-relieving and promoting a better sleep. But, I didn't want to commit to buying the box of 14 yet because what if I hate the mask? Waste money le! So I waited....and now the product page has over 1000 reviews, and a huge majority of those reviews are positive. Ok! BUY LAH! 

The Kao Megurism Thermal Steam Eye Mask retails on Qoo10 for S$19.80 for a box of 14 masks (excluding postage fees) and it comes in 6 variations: Unscented, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Rose, Ripe Yuzu (Citrus) and Chamomile. There's even one specially for men!

I bought the Lavender one since I wanted to have better sleep, and the mask certainly did make my sleep a much improved one. 


I stare at the computer more than 12 hours a day, be it for work or at home, and sometimes I strain my eyes so much I can feel them hurting when I'm sleeping. It's not a pleasant feeling to try to sleep off, and since I cannot stop what I'm doing at work, I can only try to find ways to treat my eye area at home. The Kao Megurism Thermal Steam Eye Mask has done a fantastic job in relieving the pain around my eye area and making me sleep so much faster! 

Once opened and applied on the eye area, the mask will slowly generate moderate heat (up to 40 degrees celsius - nothing too extreme) and this heat helps to warm and relieve the area. To my female readers, this is the same logic as applying a warm water bottle on top of your abdomen to relieve those painful period cramps. Works like magic every single time, and I have a feeling this mask will work as miraculously. 

My fatigued and overworked eyes felt a gradual comfort as the heat sensation intensified. After a seemingly luxurious 10 minutes, I took off the mask and once my head hit the pillow again, I was instantly teleported to my dreamland. Crazy effective?! Usually it takes me a good 30 minutes before I can fall asleep! 

Two thumbs up and I feel the need to spread the gospel! Highly, highly recommended!! 

This mask will be excellent for plane rides too! Can't wait to bring this along for my next trip to Shanghai. 


It's really easy to apply too. Just remove the mask from the plastic packaging and tear open the perforated area and that becomes your ear hooks, and you just attach the two holes over your ears and you're good to go! The mask is completely dry, so you don't need to worry about messing up your pillow or bedsheet. 


The Kao Megurism Thermal Steam Eye Mask is certainly a good before-bed product to have if you're staring at the computer screen way too much at work. Go get yours if you need a better sleep! S$19.80 for 14 masks is quite reasonable! The seller ships out the item quite quickly too.

Have a great weekend guys! :) 

No comments: