Friday, February 14, 2014

Seoul Yummy (The Central)

Last Sunday, Kengyang's family invited me for a hearty Korean dinner at Seoul Yummy. It was our first timing dining with his sister's boyfriend too! 

To be frank, I don't remember the names of the dishes that we ordered. So let's just stick to "this dish" HAHA. I'm a terrible food blogger and that's why it's not my forte. All I do is spam photos and describe each dish as either "delicious"/"omnomnom"/"marvelous"  or "terrible"/"pooi". 

See lah, that's why I'm not a food blogger. I like to eat, but my vocabulary for food is limited. :D

Photos!

We were served 6 banchans (Korean side dishes) and my favourite is still the kimchi. I didn't like the creamy potato so much because the dish barely had any taste!


Kengyang and I ordered the army stew set, his parents also ordered the same. His sister and boyfriend ordered the combo set and they ordered the below appetiser. I didn't get a chance to try this so I have no opinions on this. 

The army stew set is so filling?! More on that later!


Spicy chicken glass noodles. Very nice and very flavourful!


I upgraded my mixed grain rice to a beef glass noodle and it was really good as well. 


Grilled fish from Kengying's (bf's sister) two-person combo. Had a tiny bit and it was quite fishy. Meh. 


Kimchi soup! 


Our army stew set. His parents also ordered the same thing. The portion is CRAZY. I think this was S$49.90++ plus S$8.90 upgrade to Beef Glass Noodles. The Deokbokki disappointed me immensely. Till now, Togi Restaurant still has the best Deokbokki for me. This one was just average and way too bland. 


Two-person combo! 


Ending the meal off with a cold red bean soup. It was very normal. Nothing to shout and be excited about. I think we were also way too full to enjoy this bowl of red bean soup. :S 


The army stew is worth a try, but please come with at least 2 other people. Kengyang and I couldn't finish the army stew because there were simply too many things to feast on. Stay away from the deokbokki.

It was a good weekend with Kengyang's family. I think I really saved a nation in my past life to be able to meet such amazing people. :')

Seoul Yummy

The Central 
6, Eu Tong Sen Street, 03-92, 
Singapore 059817
Reservation Number: +65 6227 8802 (not available on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays, 5pm onwards)

No comments: