Thursday, February 13, 2014

Review: Etude House Proof 10 Mascara

Oh my goodness, this review took me so long to write?! It's quite ridiculous how many drafts I have right now. So many pending blogposts and so few are out! My bad guys, my bad. I'm back on my blogging track, FAST AND FURIOUS. This is my 3rd post of the day, super fast and furious!! 

The Etude House Proof 10 Mascara is currently one of my favourite mascaras (the other one being Maybelline Rocket mascara which I will review very soon). It's the mascara that I will grab for travelling because of how easily removeable it is! 

I got it during the Etude House Warehouse Sale for a really cheap price (definitely not more than $10). You can purchase it at Etude House stores nationwide, but I will advise against that because you can get it for so much cheaper on Qoo10. 

Qoo10 Link 2 (new mascara!! I want!!)

First of all, the external packaging already looks promising. The mascara is super waterproof that you dip your head in water and it will still look fine - at least that's what I'm getting from the all-blue packaging. Yay for waterproof mascaras!

Anyway, a little sidetrack, do you know that if you want your eyelashes to hold the curl longer, you should use a waterproof mascara? The formula for these mascaras are thicker and this seals the eyelashes into place. However if you have sensitive eyes, I will recommend you to stay away from waterproof mascaras because most of them are a bitch to remove. You end up scrubbing your eyes till they go red and it's not a pleasant experience. 


Back to the review!

The Etude House Proof 10 Mascara will give you a

"clean, intense definition for a long lasting, perfect 10 smoky eye look."

Not sure about the smoky effect, but Etude House Proof 10 Mascara definitely delivered in terms of longevity and intensity.


Ingredients List

Product packaging: I love it. It looks like an elongated nail polish (chuckle, I don't know where this description came from). Somehow the packaging reminds me of The Little Mermaid? Why?! But yes, beautiful packaging indeed.



Mascara brush: The Etude House Proof 10 Mascara has a slightly bent wand with full, sturdy bristles. It's very reminiscent of an eyebrow brush, but much better in terms of control because of the slight angle. I love my mascara to have full, thick bristles because I'd rather go for volume than length. So this mascara scores highly in terms of brush design.


First coat of Etude House Proof 10 Mascara

First coat of Etude House Proof 10 Mascara

Second coat of Etude House Proof 10 Mascara

Second coat of Etude House Proof 10 Mascara

Application: To be honest, I made a mess when I used this mascara for the first time. I wasn't used to the slightly bent design, so I accidentally smudged a lot of mascara under my eyes. FAIL. But after that, I paid more attention to what I was doing and I didn't have similar mishaps moving forward. 

Volumising?: Yes. Definitely. One coat of the Etude House Proof 10 Mascara already provided me with ample volume (see photos above). The second coat gave my eyelashes that extra oomph and I was ready to go! Love it! I will suggest to stop at the second coat though because as you can see in some areas of my lashes, clumps are starting to form. The clumps are easy to get rid of if you have an eyelash brush, but well keeping application at two coats will make life easier. No need to use eyelash brush, save time!

Waterproof?: YES SIR. I actually cried on one of the nights I had this on my eyelashes (and UD Zero on my eyelid), and I had ZERO smudging. None. Quite impressive!

Super washable?: Here's the thing about waterproof mascaras that bothers me to death - some of them are so freaking hard to take off/remove? I used an oil-based makeup remover on makeup cleansing wipes, and I still couldn't get all of the gunk out of my eyelashes. I'm also at an age whereby tugging and rubbing your eyes constantly will have detrimental outcomes (aka wrinkles, boohoo), so I hate it when I can't the mascara out!!! The Etude House Proof 10 Mascara is a different story. It actually feels like a non-waterproof mascara during the removal process - easy and effortless. Using warm water helps too! 

This is very much unlike my newly acquired CoverGirl waterproof mascara which kills my eyes every time I try to remove it. I don't know whether I should do a review on that or not. I don't really want to get that mascara on my eyelashes :S. 

Longevity: It's very long-lasting. But I'm not wowed by the fact that it's long-lasting because waterproof mascaras are supposed to be long-lasting right? So okay, met my expectations. 

Will I buy this again? Oh yes. I'm actually running out of this at the moment. It's quite sad. So I'm contemplating between getting this or getting the new Etude House Proof 10 mascaras, or maybe get both? TEEHEE

Hope this has been useful. Have a great day guys!! :) 

No comments: