Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Review: Etude House Oh~ m'Eye Lash Petticoat

Finally back on track! 

This post will be all about my favourite mascara base to date - the Etude House Oh~ m'Eye Lash Petticoat.

I bought it during the Etude House Warehouse Sale last year (for around S$5?) and wow I'm now tempted to repurchase because I'm running out of this tube of amazingness. 

It retails in Etude House stores nationwide for ... a lot of money. I'm sorry, but I don't believe in buying S.Korean skincare/beauty products in stores in Singapore. Prices are jacked up and sometimes you don't get the free samples that you are entitled to. I sound like a spoilt brat. Let me explain myself. When you but skincare/beauty products in S.Korea, they will shower you with lots and lots of free samples, even if you buy only one item! Hence, for a S.Korea skincare/beauty outlet in Singapore, it should stand by this giving-free-samples policy right? CONSISTENCY. But no, I once purchased a huge container of moisturiser (over S$25), and I didn't have a single free sample?! I don't expect free samples from Watsons because hey, it's not in their company policy to give out free samples mah. 

Okay rant over. HAHA. 

Next best place to get this either than during a Warehouse Sale? Qoo10!!

I have two links for the Etude House Oh~ m'Eye Lash Petticoat:
  1. http://list.qoo10.sg/item/ETUDE-HOUSE-OH-MY-EYE-LASH-MASCARA/404076737
  2. http://list.qoo10.sg/item/SWEET-BOX-OH-MY-EYE-LASH-MASCARA/404220871
Review time!! 




Packaging: Straightforward and fuss-free. The mascara base packaging looks really old but that's a combination of my lighting and ... it being quite old. I paid S$5 for this so I didn't expect a new product. It was manufactured in late 2012 though, so all's good!


The Etude House Oh~ m'Eye Lash Petticoat promises to:

  • enhance the volume
  • enhance the length of EVERY mascara
  • maximize the effect of mascara
Has it delivered on all 3 accounts? Most definitely. 


Ingredients List
I realised the two photos after this is a bit eeky. SORRY GUYS! I assure you that the brush is not that yellow in real life! I don't know what happened with the lighting!

There's a yellow tinge, but not as pigmented as in these photos. Gosh.


Brush design: A standard mascara brush with a firm mascara wand. The bristles are not very condensed, but still condensed enough to separate the lashes. I hate it when bristles are not plastic and very condensed - a clumpy nightmare.


Volumising and Lengthening? Personally, it's more lengthening than volumising with this product. I also like how it doesn't clump the lashes no matter how many coats I apply. Sometimes, I just want to load up on mascara base so that after mascara application, I look like I've fake lashes on. However, the process can be a headache when you use a clumpy mascara base that dries way too quickly. You get thick ugly lashes that are almost impossible to separate. NOT GOOD. The Etude House Oh~ m'Eye Lash Petticoat separates really well no matter how many coats I use!

Defines EVERY lash? I'm so impressed with the Etude House Oh~ m'Eye Lash Petticoat because it honestly really defines every single lash! After one application, I could see all my lashes coated with the white base, even those teeny tiny inner ones! Great, great job.

Works well with mascara? I have used this mascara base with almost all of my favourite mascaras and I promise no placebo effect happened - all my mascaras worked better! They are all already my favourite mascaras, but with this Etude House Oh~ m'Eye Lash Petticoat as a foundation, I see better-looking lashes. Just wow! Oh, one more thing: I love how gradual the drying process is. Some mascara bases dry almost as soon as you apply and you get thick, straight lashes after you apply your mascara. With this, you are able to control the curve of the lashes while applying mascara because it doesn't dry as quickly! LOVE IT.

Will I buy it again? Oh yes, yes, YES! I cannot go a day without the Etude House Oh~ m'Eye Lash Petticoat and it shows because I have run out! Time to get a new one!

Hope this review has been useful! Have a great week ahead guys! :) 

No comments: