Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Review: Essence Soft Touch Eyeshadow in 03 Oh De Prep

Another post on Essence cosmetic products. Seriously, I don't know how this wallet-friendly brand (like super super friendly) manages to churn out great-quality products! I have tried so many products from Essence and most of my experiences has been surprisingly pleasant. 

I'll be in Berlin end of February and I can't wait to get my hands on many many more new Essence products there! 

This post will be about my current favourite cream eyeshadow - Essence Soft Touch Eyeshadow in 03 Oh De Prep. Yes, it has shoved Maybelline Color Tattoo Gel Shadows aside. Personally I think this works better than the Maybelline one. 

I bought this for S$3 at the Essence Private Sale and I don't think it's available in stores any more (Sorry! Do correct me if I'm wrong though!). Let's hope Essence comes out with more cream eyeshadows in future launches! 


As expected, I got the neutral/brown shade (03 Oh De Prep) because I'm a sucker for such shades.


Packaging: The packaging of the Essence Soft Touch Eyeshadow is slightly smaller than the Maybelline Color Tattoo Gel Shadows, however, the container is deeper. Overall, a good product to bring while travelling.


Colour: 03 Oh De Prep is a richly shimmered and metallic taupe-brown shade. When concentrated, the shade is more metallic, and when blended, it is more shimmery. It's not a unique colour, but it's definitely a gorgeous one - especially for those with brown/green eyes.

Swatch taken with normal daylight condition

Swatch taken with camera flash activated

Blended out swatch with normal lighting condition

Blended out swatch with camera flash activated
Pigmentation: Great pigmentation and great colour pay-off! What you see in the pot is what you will get after application. I really am very impressed. There are more expensive brands out there who still can't figure out how to make a well-pigmented cream eyeshadow. Essence, on the other hand, gives you highly pigmented cream eyeshadows with a cheaper price tag. Two thumbs up!

Application: I normally use my middle finger to apply cream eyeshadows. I refrain from using brushes because I don't like how my eyeshadow brushes become slightly damp after application, and also because I think blending out is much easier when using your finger than when using a brush. The Essence Soft Touch Eyeshadow in 03 Oh De Prep is a dream to apply and it blends out easily. Another thing that I like about this is that the colour is very buildable because the cream eyeshadow dries fairly quickly after application. When you apply a second layer, you get a deeper colour effortlessly. No streaks at all! More thumbs up!

Longevity: For those with very oily eyelids (ME ME), I will suggest topping up with a similar shade powder eyeshadow. The first time I used it, the eyeshadow creased on me within a few hours. After a quick dusting of a similar-shade powder eyeshadow, it stayed on really well and creasing was minimal.

Will I buy it again? Yes please! Essence, please launch more cream eyeshadows like this! PLEASE PLEASE!

Hope this review has been useful and informative! Have a great day guys! 

No comments: