Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ramen Bar Suzuki

It's another food-related post! 

My last beauty review was posted in mid-December so I feel a little bit guilty to my loyal readers. I'm just not feeling inspired to write about beauty-related stuff! I have so so so many products to review and I have already taken so so so many photographs but I get writer's block on all these beauty products. WHY BRAIN WHY!! I just feel like I'm not ... qualified enough to be dishing out reviews and tips. 

Ok, I'll meditate and MAKE IT WORK. 

No more of random talk because this post is all about one of the most delicious ramen I've ever tasted and it's from Ramen Bar Suzuki. Seriously, that bowl of ramen was THE BOMB. 

Ramen Bar Suzuki
61 Circular Road #01-01
Singapore 049415


First of all, you get free flow hard-boiled eggs. FREE FLOW!!! For an egg fanatic like me (even though I know I should be wary because having high cholesterol runs in the family), this is the best service a restaurant can give. To add to that, we had free flow cabbage salad and iced tea too! 

Let me dedicate an entire paragraph for the small bowl of cabbage salad. Is it a normal bowl of cabbage salad? DEFINITELY NOT. Ramen Bar Suzuki stores the julienned cabbage (fancy term learned from Youtube food videos hehehehe) in an ice-cold jar and this keeps the cabbage super cold and super fresh. Then you get a choice of 2 dressings - the usual thousand island or a Japanese sesame onion dressing. I mixed the two dressings together and expected a bowl of vomit-tasting stuff, but no, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the two dressings worked together!! I then had another bowl with only the Japanese dressing and it was as marvelous. In total, I had 3 bowls of this. I told Kengyang that I could just eat the cabbages for an entire day! I need to learn how to make this!!! First, I need to get a huge glass jar that will fit the freezer. OKAY DAISO!


I ordered the Spicy Tonkotsu Ramen with Fish Powder (S$15.40++) and it was so delicious and so comforting. I was afraid the addition of fish powder would be too fishy for Kengyang (he ordered the non-spicy version) but it was savoury and palatable for him! YAY!

The flavoured egg was cooked perfectly. The broth was addictive. The citrus pepper paste was strangely up my alley but it's an acquired taste (Kengyang hated the paste haha). The noodles was "Q" enough. The slice of char siu was extremely flavourful and tender. I tell you, I was in ramen heaven lah. I wanted to finish all the soup but my very naggy boyfriend reminded me that nobody needs the extra sodium, so okay loh I listened HAHA.

I will definitely be back for another bowl of ramen, and another, and another, and another..........

Do check it out guys!! Confirm will blow your mind!! :D

No comments: