Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas 2013 and New Year 2014

I feel like I'm too late for this post. It's already the fifth day of 2014 and I'm blogging about Christmas 2013 and New Year 2014? I guess it's never too late to thank the angels who landed in my sombre world and made things a little bit more colourful ... and bearable. 

My Christmas was spent in Taiwan with Kengyang and his family. Coincidentally, we also spent Christmas lighting up a lantern at Pingxi. A lantern which was filled with all our hopes and wishes for 2014 and the far future. I found it quite endearing (perhaps on the verge of beguiling? Lighting up a lantern to make our wishes come true seems like a huge marketing ploy for the village) that every one of us made sure the lantern was lit properly and as it floated away, no one spoke - our eyes just followed the floating lantern, and when it was nowhere in sight, all of us automatically continued our chit-chats and bickering. 

My New Year was ... a joke. Actually, more of a I'm-gonna-laugh-at-it-in-the-future kind of a joke and not I'm-so-depressed-I-hate-life kind of a joke. Kengyang and I wanted to countdown to 2014 at Marina, but we figured it's going to be a nightmare due to the crowd. We decided on town but realised the traffic home would be another nightmare. So okay, let's go to a heartland mall! But we made the wrong decision to shake leg at Kengyang's house first because we ended up counting down in his house while watching the countdown celebration programme on the telly. All I can say about that programme is - WLH, why you lipsync your upbeat songs?? 

However, I'm not complaining about my "lacklustre" New Year countdown. At least I got to spend it with the love of my life and his family, and I didn't have to struggle and squeeze while trying to go home. Oh, and I munched on McDonalds while watching the telly. BLISS~


Christmas presents! 
Thank you Kengyang for the electronic toothbrush. I randomly said I needed on and he bought it for me. :') 

Thank you Kenny for the cookies, potpourri and inspirational pencil! Kenny was my secret santa this year! 

Thank you Serene for the accessories, the L'occitane goodies and the loofah!

Thank you Chay for the instant (but from Laos, so very exotic haha) coffee! 

Kenny, I don't think I will ever use this pencil! I'll just tape it on my office table and stare at it whenever I feel drab. 


We had our annual Christmas+New Year party yesterday. A bit late, but it didn't matter since all of us could make it and it was a great gathering! 

Our boxer chef, Wang (#wangcancook) cooked up a storm and wow each dish was DELICIOUS. 

Our Italian-Mediterranean menu
Greek Salad
Pesto Chicken Nuggets
Shakshuka
Ricotta Pasta
Caramelised Apples with Vanilla Ice Cream (not in photo)

Cheers to a great 2014! :) 

No comments: