Sunday, October 20, 2013

Saveur at Far East Plaza

Finally, after months (maybe years now?) of empty promises, I have tried the affordable yet gobsmackingly delicious food from Saveur. I feel really stupid and I blame myself for not going to Saveur earlier!

No more random words. PHOTOS.

FIRST UP, how can we not have the Saveur's Pasta? The one listed on the menu is the appetizer size (S$4.90). However, you can actually upsize your pasta to a main course size just for S$2 more! I'm glad I made that decision because I will never share this pasta with ANYONE. ALL MINE. Ok maybe I gave Jeremy a couple bites but he gave me a huge chunk of duck so it all balanced out (rambling non stop as usual).

The pasta was fragrant, very much like aglio olio but without the overwhelming garlic flavour. My favourite part of the dish was the minced pork sauce. Somehow it tasted like an elevated pork paste. I wish I have a plate of this in front of me now *drools*.


Both Yinghui and I ordered the Saveur's Pasta. Jeremy, on the other hand, was a little more adventurous and he went for the Duck Leg Confit (S$12.90). It was so so so good. Personally, I'm not a fan of duck. I fear the weird smell and sometimes I find the meat quite gamey. Obviously I have been eating duck cooked by people who didn't know how to handle duck professionally??? This plate was simply excellent. Every component was delicious. The homemade mashed potato - so flavourful and not bland at all. The sauteed shitake mushrooms - stellar and cooked perfectly. The orange infused natural jus - brings the dish to another different level, not to mention very atas le this "jus" haha. Of course, the star of the dish - the duck leg confit - was undoubtedly the STAR of the dish. The skin is super crispy and the meat is just unbelievably tender. No weird smell, no weird texture (that comes from improper handling), just heavenly. Even though this was one of the more expensive dishes in Saveur, it's worth every cent!


We ended our delicious meal, regrettably, with a plate of Chocolate and Hazelnut (S$7.90). When the dish came, we were just staring at it for around 5 seconds. We are eating a MASTERPIECE?! Best chocolate mousse EVER. You get chocolate mousse with crushed hazelnuts, broken raspberries, roasted rice puffs, chocolate tuile and praline. BEAUTIFUL. It was gobbled up within minutes haha.


I definitely enjoyed my dinner at Saveur. Can't wait for my next visit there!

Word of caution though, no reservations can be made through phone/email. You have to be there in person to reserve your table at your chosen timing. Do that, or wait in line. 

Saveur (Far East Plaza)
14 Scotts Road 
Far East Plaza #01-07B 
Singapore 228213
(T) 6736 1121
(E) enquiry@saveur.sg 

No comments: