Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Review: Daiso Eyeshadow Palette and Blushers

Every single time I walk in to Daiso, I will step out with a plastic bag filled with some ... random things that I don't need. It doesn't help that I live so near a Daiso outlet. Daiso is just magical! HEEHEE. 

So it was one of those days - I stepped into Daiso with no specific goal in mind. Then, I found these babies - a brown shimmery eyeshadow palette that looks mega gorgeous and blush palettes! These were S$2 each only so I had to get them!!

Just wait till you see the swatches. These products are SPECTACULAR. Two bucks???!!! The quality of these products are so much better than products that cost almost 10-20 times more! 


First up, Daiso Special! Mix Cheek Powder in Pink and Magic.


Packaging: SO PRETTY! Even for a product that retails at S$2 (or 100-110yen), the packaging still looks pretty darn good. It's really sturdy too. I dropped one a few weeks ago and the product was intact. No damages anywhere. I dropped it from quite a height, so yes I'm very impressed!


Daiso Special! Mix Cheek Powder in Pink - a combination of a shimmery white, a muted pink, a coral and a coral red.

Daiso Special! Mix Cheek Powder in Magic - a combination of a muted pink, a shimmery pink purple, a light red and a cool-toned purple.

GORGEOUS.


Pigmentation: Goodness gracious me. Were you expecting non-existent pigmentation? Certainly not with these blushers. A little goes a long way! I also love how moderately powdery the blushers are. The product is easily picked up by a blush brush and it applies beautifully.

Application: Beautiful and effortless application with a blush brush. Shimmers are not too in-your-face and the shimmers actually help to accentuate the right places. Application was not streaky at all. Basically, it's a product that works extremely well and to be honest I wouldn't have guessed the blushers were bought from Daiso.

Longevity: The blushers are quite long-lasting. I give it around 5-6 hours of wear before it starts to fade. At the end of a long 10-hour day, I could still spot the blusher on my cheeks!

Will I buy it again? Heck yeah! Daiso, please provide us with more and more and MORE shades!!!

Pink on the left, Magic on the right (Sorry for not labelling my photos :S)

Pink on the left, Magic on the right. 

Next is the Daiso Eye Shadow Palette in Brown.

If you are someone who loves neutral shimmery eyeshadow shades, please get this. Just get it!!


Packaging: Less fancy than the blushers, but it will do. The sponge-tip applicators are not great though. Mine fell apart after 4-5 uses?



Pigmentation: I'll let the photos below do the writing. I'm speechless at how this palette costs only S$2.



This kind of pigmentation level is definitely on par with high-end brands. It's so unbelievable! When I swatched this, I had a winning-the-lottery kind of emotion. A bit drama-mama, but trust me, I have never paid S$2 and received 6 beautifully pigmented eyeshadows.

Application: I tried two ways of application - with my trusted eyeshadow brush and with my finger. Applying the eyeshadows with a brush can be a little tricky, especially for the glittery white and the shimmery black. A good advice will be to use the eyeshadow brush and gently pat the product on your eyelids first. If you swipe the product on your eyelids straight away, you will get nothing but fall-outs. Not pretty. For those who want a less dramatic look, it'll be good to use your finger to apply the eyeshadow. Works like magic and the eyeshadows blend better.

Longevity: I'm not overly over-the-moon about the longevity of these eyeshadows. I applied the dark shimmery brown in the morning, and by around 4pm, the colour is not that obvious anymore. But hey, I'm not going to whine about it because there are many more expensive eyeshadows which have the same problem.

Will I buy it again? As of now, I only saw the purple and the brown palette. I don't really fancy purple so I'm not going to get that palette. However, if Daiso sells an orange-red palette, or a gold palette, or even a green-brown palette, I definitely will get them!

HOORAY DAISO!! :D

2 comments:

bossacafez said...

the eyeshadow palette has several colors actually. i have the brown, black and blue series. they all rock!

Fitrina Lim said...

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog!

Yep, saw several posts on the variety of palettes, but many Daiso outlets that I visited ran out of them. :(