Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Visuals - July 2013 Week 3 (Highlights: Dulu Kala Peranakan Restaurant, Bedok 85 NOMS and Jin Hua Sliced Fish Bee Hoon)

I know, I know. I'm getting lazy when it comes to posting beauty reviews. I have the photos but aiyoh I just keep forgetting to import them to my laptop. I think I need to churn out at least 2 beauty-related posts by Sunday!
 
In the meantime, let me do a recap of last week. I had a lot of good food and a lot of reminiscing about Japan. I really miss Japan! Everything I saw, experienced and consumed was just magical. I vow to go back soon!!
 
Here are some of the photos from Japan that made me almost tear up...
 
Books from the first hostel that we stayed in.
 

A myriad of onigiris and other rice-ball thingies at every convenience stores. I love these for breakfasts!


Extremely delicate paper art thing that we saw at a shop at Tokyo Tower.


62,000 yen (~S$775) of colourful beaded figurine from Akihabara.


Japanese schools really go all out in terms of uniforms. EVERY school has different but equally nice uniforms. This was taken at Ueno.


How can I not miss the packaged drinks section at Japanese convenience stores. I love the juices the most. Super legit because you really taste the fruits & vegetables!


Last week was a really bad week for my weight because I had sooooo much good food!

Jeremy, Yinghui and I met up for our biweekly Tuesday dinners (see you at the next one, chan!) and we went to Dulu Kala The Peranakan House at Beauty World. The portions were not very big but the food quality was amazing! I especially loved the Bakwan Kepiting Soup and Beef Rendang.

Here's the address if you want to try some really delicious Peranakan food:

Dulu Kala The Peranakan House
Upper Bukit Timah Rd
#04-04, Beauty World Centre

Singapore 588177

  

Kengyang and I FINALLY went to Bedok 85 together to try out some of the highly-raved hawker delights.

It was ..... amazing. I'd rather have these everyday than expensive restaurant food.

The chicken wings were okay. I still prefer those from East Coast Lagoon Food Village.


We also tried Chai Chee Pork Porridge and it was SOOOO GOOOOD. Initially, this was supposed to be shared, but I ended up eating most of it. I LOVE IT. EVERYDAY ALL DAY!!


We had high hopes for this legendary bowl of goodness and yes it was LEGENDARY indeed.


The three stalls with the longest queues at Maxwell Food Centre are obviously Tian Tian Chicken Rice, Zhen Zhen Porridge and Jin Hua Sliced Fish Bee Hoon. I have tried the former two, so last week I went ahead for sliced fish bee hoon! I even went out of office early to queue haha!

It was the most delicious serving of fried fish bee hoon that I've had in my entire life. The broth was so smooth and so flavourful and the fried fish slices were not soggy at all despite having soaked in the hot broth for quite some time.

You need to try this if you haven't!!


And then I tried to be healthy. HAHAHAHA. Nuts are really expensive huh? One small pack of mixed nuts can cost more than S$6. I really love nuts but wow I can't afford to eat it regularly. :(


A couple of OOTDs...

This vintage shirt was purchased online for only S$4. NYAHAHA. I love the print and I look like I'm ready to attend an Indonesian event!


One of the reasons why I love my job is because I need not dress up formally everyday. Nobody really cares what you are wearing because the important thing is to get tasks done well.

Pineapple print shirt: Gu Japan
Ripped jeans: ZARA
Flats: Cotton On
Bag: Qoo10
Watch: Casio


PSYDUCK!
:D


New laptop sleeve from Cotton On for only S$7.50!! Material is so good and it's so cheap!!


I had so many unworn bracelets. Some of them were bought when I was in secondary school and so I don't really wear them anymore. Instead of just throwing them away, I decided to collect the beads and perhaps make another bracelet! DIY TIME! :D


Ending this post with a really cute car. After I took this photo, I went straight home to watch Winnie the Pooh clips. :')


Have a great week ahead everyone! Hopefully, I will be able to post more substantial stuff by Sunday! :)

No comments: