Sunday, July 28, 2013

Review: RIMMEL Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder

Loose powders or finishing powders are always beauty products that I NEED to have in my cosmetic bag. First of all, applying loose powder or finishing powder should preferably be the last step in your daily cosmetic regime. It is especially crucial if you have oily skin. You don't want to go out looking like an oily mess, so applying loose powder helps to mattify your face and make you look a little bit more presentable. 

Moreover, finishing powders are the best (in my opinion) beauty product for touching up those oily spots. You don't want to be layering piles and piles of foundation and cake your entire face up. Not pretty. Finishing powders mattify your skin but because they are so light, the final look seems effortless. 

When I heard about the RIMMEL Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder, I knew I had to have it, but it wasn't available in Singapore! Thankfully, Yinghui was in London and she helped me purchase it! Thanks Kokky! :D 

The RIMMEL Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder retails for 3.99 pounds



Packaging: It's actually quite hip. Can't believe I'm using that word, but seriously not many products out there have in-your-face neon mint green packaging. I love this packaging because I don't need to worry about losing it because wah the colour can be seen from far far away! :D


The RIMMEL Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder claims to:

  • provide a shine-free finish for up to 5 hours
  • clarify skin - minimize skin breakouts
  • control shine and mattify skin
So are all the claims real or simply bullshit? I'm happy to announce that everything works as expected and I'm IN LOVE with this product! 



Pigmentation: it looks really beige in the packaging but it applies transparent. I bought it in 021 Transparent so I was expecting an almost white product. Imagine my shock when I realised it came in this skin colour. I actually was expecting it to be too white for my skin tone. But nope, this product really applies transparently and it doesn't alter the colour of your blush or bronzer.

Application: I use a fluffy face brush to apply the powder on my face. It's a really pleasant feeling. I'm not sure if it's my mind playing tricks on me or what, but when I touch my skin after application, it feels SO SMOOTH. I'm guessing it's because the RIMMEL Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder has super fine powder particles and hence they fill up the uneven patches of your skin. No idea how to better explain it but I just love it lah!

Longevity: Of course I cannot expect it to really last for 5 hours. It's formulated for European weather and Singapore weather is nowhere as forgiving. I expected my face to get oily maybe after 2 hours? It actually did better than expected. I think my nose started to get really oily after around 3 hours, so all's good with this product! Since touching up is no longer going to make my face look like a cakey mess, I'm more willing to reapply this product!

Clear complexion? I'm not really sure about the effectiveness of the RIMMEL Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder in terms of clearing breakouts, but it's good to know that that may happen eh?

Will I buy it again? HECK YEAH. I really really hope they bring this in! PLEASE RIMMEL I BEG YOU.

I hope this review has been useful and please if you can, get your hands on this product!!!! :D

No comments: