Friday, July 19, 2013

Visuals - July 2013 Week 2 (Highlight: Amazing food from PS. Cafe at Ann Siang Hill!!)

We started the week on a celebratory mood because it was our 23rd month together last Monday! Since I also just received my first pay, I decided to go to PS. Cafe for a relatively more costly celebration. I had heard great things about this place, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on the legendary truffle fries!
 
We went to the branch at Ann Siang Hill since it was relatively near to my work place.
 
Here's the address for those who are curious:
 
PS.CAFE at A.S.H PARK
45 Ann Siang Rd, #02-02
SINGAPORE 069719
Entrance via Ann Siang Hill Park 
T:(+65) 6222 3143

We were one of the first few to be seated (gancheong spider + already made a reservation haha) and wow I must say the service is really top notch! Even when more and more diners started coming in, the waiters and servers were still very attentive and they attended to us almost immediately every single time. Great service!


They even provided this nifty taxi SMS booking card.


Overall, the ambience at PS. Cafe at A.S.H Park is both luxurious and comfortable at the same time. I was lucky enough to get a seat that had stellar views. I turned to my right and I see the majestic skyscrapers! Our dinner didn't come cheap, but the ambience, the service and the food quality certainly made the numbers on the bill worth it.


Kengyang got the Chicken Parmigiano (it was around 25-27SGD) and the serving was ultra huge. It was the first time Kengyang and I ate at a similar pace (I'm a really slow eater haha) and he also agreed that the serving was ginormous. The pan-seared chicken breast came so tender and moist and the chunky tomato sauce was delish! I'm quite sure breast meat haters will still love this dish!


For me, I decided to go the healthier way because I was determined to wipe out the Truffle Fries all by myself hehe. I got the PS. Caesar with Blackened Salmon (27SGD) and wow I really enjoyed this salad! I'm usually hesitant to order salads at restaurants because wahlao the serving's always so small! But not with this, it was OVERFLOWING with goodness and they served so many chunks of blackened salmon.

The only downside to this was the poached egg. I don't know how they prepare their poached eggs but it seemed like this one was dipped in cold water (to stop the cooking process) for a tad too long.


Legendary Truffle Fries (11SGD)!!! Omg this was MAHOOSIVE. Yes, that's Kengyang's hand beside the mountain of fries. We were hoping for a juxtaposition effect haha.

This was just ... WOW. They used a generous dosage of truffle oil (no real truffle slices sadly) and it was obvious that they mixed the fries with the truffle oil thoroughly before serving because even the fries at the bottom of the pile had the alluring truffle flavour! I especially hate it when restaurants serve truffle fries which are amazing at the top but really bland at the bottom. What's the point??

Definitely come to PS. Cafe for this gloriousness!

However, that was not the best item in the menu. ARE YOU READY FOR THE BEST ITEM??



JENG JENG JENG STICKY DATE PUDDING. omg this was just heavenly. I almost didn't want to share this with Kengyang after the first bite because it was SO GOOD. I think this was S$14.90 but it was worth EVERY CENT. Let me tell you a few reasons why this rocked:
  1. JUST LOOK AT THE PLATING
  2. The caramel sauce is not cloyingly sweet. It's a sauce that is so addictive, you just want to lick the plate when you are done.
  3. The pudding itself is warm, moist, but not too mushy.
  4. Ice-cream + caramel = win-win combo
  5. HAVE YOU SEEN THE PLATING?
Seriously, I wanted to get one more, but our bill was already almost bursting the 3-digit mark, so we had to stop the intake. ARGH I WANT IT NOW NOW NOW!!


YAY TO A GOOD DINNER :D


Some random photos from the past week...


I love wearing ear studs but my hair covers my ears, so what's the point right? HAHA Such an insignificant problem, and yet it never fails to worry me every single time I choose a pair of ear studs in the mornings.



My supervisor went to Sydney for a business trip and she came back with awesome goodies!!!! :D The Rum & Raison TimTams were so freaking amazing. I almost cried happy tears. She also gave us Scentlogs and obviously Mango Papaya was mine. HAHA.



I realised I have been too negative in the past. Hence, I'm trying to see things more positively now! Every week, I need to spot one highlight of the week and just be grateful about it. Last week, it was our 23rd month celebration! I didn't tell many people about how we started and all, so here's a summary: we knew each other in secondary school, got together after O Levels and then broke up in the second year of Junior College. Years passed, and he contacted me again when I was on exchange in Stockholm, and we talked about how immature we were in the past, and so we decided to give the relationship another go! So ya, that's it. HAHA.

Gratefulness. I will have that in my mind every single day.

Like today! I'm grateful that I woke up late because wow the MRT was really empty when I boarded, and I could even find a seat. HOORAH! It's quite funny because when I arrived in office, I was the second one to arrive. DOUBLE HOORAH! And now I'm going to Maxwell Food Centre to find some amazing lunch. TRIPLE HOORAH!! :D

Have a great Friday guys. TGIF!!

No comments: