Saturday, February 9, 2013

Skincare Haul: VMV HYPOALLERGENICS

It was an amazing week last week. I won a S$200 VMV HYPOALLERGENICS voucher from Urban! HOORAH! 

Prior to the win, I have known nothing about the brand, so I decided to do some google magic, and I liked what I read, so I couldn't wait to redeem the products!!

VMV HYPOALLERGENICS Website: http://www.vmvhypoallergenics.com/

VMV HYPOALLERGENICS SG Facebook site: http://www.facebook.com/VMVHYPOALLERGENICS.SG 
 
I especially like the slogan - Skinfatuated, Skintellectual, Skingenius. Reading it already makes me feel like buying the entire line. :P 

There's only one boutique in Singapore currently, and if you are interested to get some skincare goodies from VMV HYPOALLERGENICS after reading this post (hopefully I helped in one way or another haha), then head down to ION Orchard, #B3-48

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the VMV lady who was so nice and helpful to me during my visit. I forgot her name, but if any VMV bosses are reading this, it's the lady who served me on 5th February at around 730pm! She was beyond amazing! So patient with all her explanations and the best thing was she didn't pressure me to buy anything. She's an amazing asset, so please give her a pay rise!!! 

OKAY, time for haul photos!! :D 



Id Facial Clean & Shave Cream (S$35 for 120ml) - obviously this is not for me. Heh. :D 

Creammmy Rich Intense Moisture Milk (S$41 for 120ml) - this is for my mom.
Spring Fresh Oil-free Nourisher (S$41 for 120ml) - this is for me! 

Spring Cleaning Oil-Control Anti-Bacterial Facial Scrub (S$32 for 120ml) 

VMV Starter Kit - Safe Skin Haven (S$50 for 6 travel-sized products)
The VMV Starter Kit was awesome. It contains 6 miniature products and I think I'm gonna pack them for my Japan trip in May! :D

Here are the 6 products!








The lady was very very very nice, and she included some samples for my mom and I. She remembered me saying that I have oily skin, while my mom has dry skin, so she gave free sunblock samples according to our skin types. She is just very nice lah, I never praise anyone praise until like this before.


And the sun block samples are so cute!! Look at the packaging!! :D They even included a spatula for you to dig out the product. Heehee. The amount of effort VMV HYPOALLERGENICS put into a SAMPLE. The moment I saw this, I knew I'm going to spend my money on these products when I'm working next time.


Also, VMV HYPOALLERGENICS toners all contain alcohol. Not the bad types of alcohol though. I remember her saying something about plant-based or plant-derived alcohol. Whenever you purchase a toner (or a slightly strong serum), they will give you an Application Frequency Chart to help you slowly incorporate the product into your routine. Apparently, the alcohol can gave differing effects on different people and hence it's better to use the product sparingly initially to expose the skin to the new chemicals, and then increase the frequency of usage slowly.

I think it's a very smart move! This way users can follow the chart without being too confused on what is "sparingly" and how exactly to "increase the frequency". User-friendliness, FULL MARKS.



So far, I have only used the oil-free nourisher and the Id sweat acne and overall anti-bacterial gel, and they have been amazing on my skin. No new breakouts and my face has been less shiny. My mom has yet to try her products. I will provide an update on that in the future!

Sometimes, more costly products do work! :)

Happy Chinese New Year!! Have a great holiday and enjoy yourselves!! :)

No comments: