Saturday, February 9, 2013

Review: Banila Co. Face Love Blusher in 01 Love Story

I really need more highlighters in my makeup collection. Currently, I'm only alternating between an elf highlighter and a stila one, and I need more choices! 

Initially, I bought the Banila Co. Face Love Blusher in 01 Love Story for blushing purposes (lol blushing purposes, I don't know what made me type that), but the colour is so light that I think I'm gonna change its function as a highlighter instead! It's a perfect colour for highlighting too! 

I bought it for really cheap on sg-beauty. I think I paid S$5? It definitely retails much more than that. 




Packaging: It's very reminiscent to the M.A.C blushers/bronzers/highlighters packaging. I'm not calling it a blatant copy because so many brands are doing their packagings this way. It's a great idea because you can see the colour of the product without opening the lid.


Colour: Banila Co. Face Love Blusher in 01 Love Story is a very frosty pastel pink, with very fine silver shimmers incorporated in the product. It's a great colour for highlighting because of the shimmers. I don't think it serves as a good blush though, unless you are really really pale. I applied this as blusher and I looked so washed out; I had to cover it up with bronzer afterwards to get my "health" back. :P 


Pigmentation: The pigmentation of the Banila Co. Face Love Blusher in 01 Love Story is no joke. A little swipe is all you need to get the appropriate amount on your face. Do be gentle while loading your brush and remember to tap off the excess if you want to avoid looking like a disco-ball. The shimmers are very finely milled - no ugly chunks of glitter. It's great for that natural glow! I realised also that this product gave the best after-camera-flash photograph effect! So natural and dewy at the correct places!

Swatch taken with camera flash

The finely milled glitters which are really the reason why this is an amazing highlighter.
Application: A light hand is needed. This product delivers in terms of pigmentation, so you need to apply lightly. Building up the colour is ALWAYS better than removing excess product.

Longevity: I have no complaints about longevity when it comes to highlighters. Usually, I only apply once and that's it. No more touch-ups throughout the day. I think it's because by the third hour or so, my oily skin will start to resurface, and instead of shine at the correct places, I have shine EVERYWHERE. D:

Will I buy it again? I certainly will like to try Banila Co. Face Love Blusher in other shades. The pigmentation impresses me and if I get the chance to purchase it at an affordable price, then why not?

No comments: