Friday, February 8, 2013

Review: Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil

I finally bought something for my eyebrows!! I feel so proud of myself. :D Doing eyebrows have been a nightmare in the past because I simply didn't know how to go about doing it. More often than not, I would end up looking like a complete eyebrow amateur, and I would remove everything that I had just applied. 

However, I realise that having well-maintained and properly managed eyebrows creates a huge difference on how you look. You look more polished even without heavy makeup. Also, good eyebrows make your face look more defined in terms of your features! 

Hence, I finally went ahead and bought myself an eyebrow product. I didn't want to spend much money on a product that I normally don't use, so I was browsing through Qoo10 for a cheap one. I decided on the Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil (a lot of Asian beauty bloggers raved and recommended this product!). It was S$3.40 (S$5.30 with Korean normal mail), and that's an amazing price! 






Packaging: Simple packaging. Not trying too hard at all. Sometimes, a simple but functional packaging is all you need to have to attract customers. It's a good size because it fits into most makeup bags. Also, Etude House included a spoolie brush at the other end of the pencil, which is amazing because then you can tame stray hairs after applying the pencil to make your brows look much neater.

I bought it in 03 Brown, since my hair is permanently brown/red anyway. Black will be too harsh. 






Pencil shape: The Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil has a great pencil shape. It's designed in the above 3D triangle shape to facilitate application! So you can use the sharp ends to create the well-defined "borders" first, and then use the flat areas (that fit perfectly on your brows. GENIUS.) to fill in the empty areas. 


My only complain is how little product I received!! The above photo shows you how much product you are getting. I couldn't unscrew further, that's all you get!! PFFT!!


Pigmentation: The thing with eyebrow pencils is, you cannot have products that are too pigmented because that makes the life of newbies highly tormenting. A great eyebrow pencil will have a slight pigment on first application, and it will buildable on consecutive applications. The Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil does just that, and so I am a happy girl.


I tried to be artsy and drew an eyebrow on my hand. Turned out to be quite natural-looking hor? :D

Longevity: Lasted me all day. I had no problems with this melting away or smudging. I forgot that I had eyebrow pencil on and I scratched my brows, but haha the product stayed put, so yay to that!

A photo of me after applying the  Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil for the first time. I like it! :) 
Will I buy it again? Obviously. Since the Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil contained so little product. =_= It's a good product nevertheless so I will definitely get the refills.

HAVE AN AMAZING CHINESE NEW YEAR GUYS! :)) Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Chay said...

you can also put vaseline on your brows to make sure the hairs stay in place! not sure how that will affect the application of the brow pencil though

Fitrina Lim said...

yepp! but haha sometimes putting vaseline makes it a little bit tacky and sticky though. but no lah, i don't think it will affect the brow pencil application if you use the spoolie brush to apply vaseline rather than your fingers.

Happy CNY, chay! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello!! Does texture does this product have? A creamy consistency or more powdery? I have natural black hair and hence black brows so will the shade suite me?:)

Fitrina Lim said...

Hi there,

Thanks for reading my blog!

It's a more powdery consistency. I think you should opt for a dark brown colour instead. A black eyebrow look with black hair will be a little over the top, unless you're fine with that though!

Thanks!