Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Review: Calvin Klein Tempting Glance Intense Eyeshadow in 133 Golden Violet

In my mind, high end eyeshadows are not something that I hope to have in my make-up bag. I just don't feel the need to part with so much money for something that I won't use much. The matter's different when I see high end eyeshadows selling for cheap. VERY different. 

I chanced upon a livejournal that was getting rid of quite a number of high end beauty products, and as much as I wanted to get everything, my wallet had its limits. I ended up purchasing the Calvin Klein Tempting Glance Intense Eyeshadow in 133 Golden Violet for a mere S$8. BARGAIN. The eyeshadow retails for US$22. 





Ingredient List





Packaging: One of the sleekest and prettiest packaging around. The transparent rim opens up to a black interior and a really heavy duty mirror. It's simply packaging that's made to match the exorbitant price. Even the given eyeshadow sponge has a "ck" logo, so nope this is no cheapo product. Much thought was put into the packaging and I LOVE IT. Even carrying it around makes me somehow more ... taitai-like? :D

Swatches taken under camera flash

Colour: 133 Golden Violet is a really gorgeous purplish-pink base eyeshadow with lots of golden shimmers. The colour looks just purple in the pan, but after I brushed it on my eyelids, it turned into this really queer but pretty mauve colour. Under sunlight, I definitely can see the golden shimmers. I think the colour is verging on a duo-chrome formula, although that cannot be seen from the swatch above.

Pigmentation: Not the best pigmentation around. I expected much more since this is supposed to be a high end product. It takes me quite a few applications to achieve the colour-as-in-pan look. Hence, I'm not a happy camper when it comes to pigmentation.

Longevity: This was the part that surprised me the most. Usually when eyeshadows have moderate to poor pigmentation, the colour runs quite quickly and by the end of the day, you wonder where your eyeshadows disappear to. With the Calvin Klein Tempting Glance Intense Eyeshadow, I see no such problem at all! It was quite amazing how after a 10-hour day, the pretty mauve-purple colour was still obvious on my eyelids. Only the golden shimmers were getting lackluster.

Will I buy it again? At the moment no. Mainly because of the price tag. If I can find bargains, then why not? I just looked at the colour range and ohmygosh #119 Chanterelle is REALLY PRETTY.

No comments: