Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Review: tokidoki Arte Palette in 24 Karat

This is another lucky find on sg-beauty! The tokidoki Arte Palette in 24 Karat retails for US$48, but I bought it for S$8. Amazing bargain! 

What pushed me into buying is of course the remarkably cute packaging! I have always loved tokidoki since it was created in 2005, but anything with a tokidoki print was always highly sought after, and hence pricey. Therefore, of course I had to get it at S$8! I don't really wear blue and silver eyeshadows (which are included in this palette), but I don't really care anymore because I just had to get it for the packaging! 



The compact palette consists of 4 eyeshadows (a shimmer white, a royal shimmer blue, a frosty silver and a matte black with some silver sparkle) and a dusty rose blush, as seen from photos below. 



Swatches taken with camera flash

Packaging: SIMPLY GREAT. I feel happy just by staring at it. I'm now even thinking of scouring the net for more of the Arte Palettes for collection purpose! Also, it's compact and really thin - definitely will fit into any makeup bag and will not add any significant weight to any bag!

Pigmentation: For a S$48 price-tag, I expect magical things, but sadly I think my high hopes were very much shattered. Pigmentation was so-so. The best performing shade was the royal blue colour. The white was chalky and the shimmer silver was quite chunky. The matte black shade was satisfactory, however it's not as black as some matte eyeshadows that I have (those are much cheaper too).

Application: I quite like the application process - there was minimal dropout, even with the matte black eyeshadow. The only irritating point is how difficult it is to blend out the white shade. I ended up with a white patch under my brow bone - NOT FLATTERING - but I guess I should have used a lighter hand?

Blush: I forgot to take a swatch of the blush, sorry for that D: I really like the blush! A little bit goes a long way and the colour sits prettily on my cheekbones. Just enough flush to make my entire face seem more alive!

Longevity: No qualms about this. The eyeshadows lasted a good 8 hours and the blush was still visible even after a long day in school.

Will I buy it again? Probably yes, just for the packaging. I'm searching high and low for bargains now! However, for S$48, I would probably hold back and print out the tokidoki print and paste it on my other palettes :S

No comments: