Thursday, August 9, 2012

Review: Guerlain L'OR Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold

Another product that was included the in the Sephora Summer Set - Guerlain L'Or Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold Make-Up Base

I received the tiny sample set - 5ml/0.18 fl oz worth of product. The full-sized product (1.1oz) retails for US$71 on the Sephora site (http://www.sephora.com/l-or-radiance-concentrate-with-pure-gold-make-up-base-P197413). That means, this sampler that was included cost an approximate of US$10? 

Of course, to part with US$71 for a full-sized makeup base is quite agonising for my rather thin wallet, so having a sampler to try is excellent. Good on you, Sephora! 

The highlight of this product is obviously THE GOLD FLECKS. Give me a product with gold flecks, and I'm highly and definitely intrigued. 

Benefits of gold on your skin:
  • stimulates collagen & elastin production
  • increases radiance
  • reduces appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
  • reduces discoloration of age spots

What Guerlain L'Or Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold Make-Up Base promises:
  • retains moisture
  • smoothes fine lines
  • tightens facial features
  • even finish under makeup

So is the product as fantastic as it seems? I'm not quite sure if I don't like it because I don't have fine lines and wrinkles or because this product is too oily on my already really oily skin. It's not horrendous but I'm quite thankful I see no need for me to splurge a hefty US$71 for the full-sized product. 




Packaging: Beautiful, simple and classy packaging for the sampler bottle. I love it when brands give as much attention to sampler products as their full-sized products! Also, this is random but I have always liked Guerlain's font. HEHE. 

Product consistency: It is definitely not runny, but it's also not cream-thick. It's a pleasant consistency, much like a hand sanitiser? That's the best way I can describe it. 

Application: Shockingly pleasant. I only used the tiniest bit of product and it applies evenly on my face!  Also, I felt this really amazing cooling sensation. I was a happy girl that day because application was so great! 

How does it fare as a makeup base? I don't really use liquid foundations now because of my current skin condition, but it really helped my concealer go on smoother and easier. Maybe it's placebo effect going on (gold flecks and all haha) but I was quite sure my pores were reduced in size. 

Longevity: This is the category that disappoints me the most. This product actually made my skin MORE oily than before, which is always not welcome in my books. After a short 1.5 hours, I felt like my concealer+loose powder combi was melting, and as I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I was in shock! My T-Zone area was SO OILY. I was rather disgusted and I had to blot several times that day. WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME! :( 

Will I buy it in the future? No. Why should I buy a product that makes my oily skin more oily? 


This is how the full-sized product looks like. Kind of classy and beautiful eh? Pity I will never buy it. :(

No comments: