Saturday, August 11, 2012

Review: Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment

At first when I saw this product, I thought the brand was SUGAR. How silly. I guess bigger fonts captured my attention more. But nope, this is actually from Fresh! I have never heard of this brand before and that is why I love the Sephora Summer Set! It introduced me to so many new amazing brands! :) 

The Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment is certainly a product with a stellar performance! It's available at Sephora.com for US$22.50 (0.15oz) and there are many colours available, like Sugar Coral and Sugar Plum. The one included in the Sephora Summer Set was Sugar Rose and it's described as "sheer berry rose in pink case". 


This is the description to what it does from the Sephora website:

Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 blends reparative oils and waxes with real sugar, a natural humectant, for delectable and dependable moisture. Sweet and tart black currant oil, rich in plumping essential fatty acids, cushions the lips while antioxidant grapeseed polyphenols and vitamins A, C, and E provide protection from wrinkle-causing free radicals. It also provides essential, year-round protection from damaging UV rays

So how does it fare?




Packaging: This is one pretty product. I looked at all the other packagings (different colours have different packaging) and I still like this Sugar Rose one the best. So simple and delicate, yet it oozes a certain profesional vibe. Lovely!

Smell: The smell of vanilla mixed with licorice is very faint but definitely present. I have no problem with such a concoction.

Pigmentation: You can't really expect a majorly pigmented product since this is supposed to be a tinted lip balm, and I enjoy the slight berry tint from it! Adds a little health to my otherwise deadly bare complexion. :)

Longevity: This lasts a good 4 hours on me. Without food and just some water. Pretty good but definitely did not live up to the 6 hours that they promised on the Fresh website.

Moisurising? Definitely moisturising and the moisture factor lasts! Some lip balms dry your lips out. Irritating products. But this! This was moisturising through and through, until you need another application! Yay to this! :)

Swatch with camera flash - I like this berry tint! :) 

Will I buy it again? Perhaps not. This costs US$22.50 for 0.15oz, which is quite pricey. I will stick to my more mediocre lip balms for now and maybe will splurge when I have the means.

Thanks for reading! Hope this has been helpful! Woots! :D


No comments: