Monday, August 13, 2012

Review: Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! Natural Waterproof Mascara

The Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! Natural Waterproof Mascara has such a catchy name! I was so silly when I got it in the Sephora Summer Set, and I went all "Lights...Camera...SPLASHES!" in my bedroom. My sister very timely came into the room and we both burst out laughing. So silly. HAHA. 

A nice addition to the Sephora Summer Set - I was planning to try non-Japanese and non-Korean mascaras for a change because those mascaras are so difficult to remove! I always end up using one of trustable Maybelline mascaras. 

What I have here is a mini trial version of the mascara. The actual mascara is SO GORGEOUS. Please visit Sephora.com or Tarte Cosmetics Website to see the photo of the actual product - SIMPLY GORGEOUS. 

The full sized product retails for US$19 on the Sephora website! 




Packaging: Just based on this sampler alone, I'm satisfied. It's in that pleasant dark eggplant shade which is oh-so-pretty when you combine it with tiny tiny silver shimmers. You can't really see it in photos, but under sunlight, the packaging rocks my socks. :)




Brush: Nothing special about the brush. It's the typical mascara brush, with a tapered design. This brush is a stiff one and not those filmsy plasticky type which can bend around. I like stiff brushes, I find them more sturdy than the latter types of brushes. The thing about this brush is it's not easy to apply, especially if you have shorter lashes. It just doesn't get much product on your inner lashes! Kind of messy when I tried to do so.

Formula: This has a rather watery formula. But it's rather unique because despite it being watery, it dries quite fast and that means building up the layers is quite easy! Rather surprised that I like the formula of this mascara because usually I detest mascaras that have an almost liquid consistency.

Does it do its job?
Tarte calls this the "4-in-1" mascara and claims that it will "lengthen, curl, volumize and condition" your lashes.

  • Lengthening: it definitely adds some length to my lashes. Not extremely lengthening but it's alright. 
  • Curling: this mascara holds curls like a dream. I curled my lashes before I used it (one of those rare times haha) and it held the curls for the entire day! Even when I was about to remove my makeup, I noticed that the curls were still existent! Amazing!
  • Volumizing: I don't think so because it clumps really bad. I would not recommend more than 2 coats for this mascara because after that you will need a good lash separator to get them lashes back into good shape. 
  • Conditioning: I can't really comment on this because I don't use the mascara that often. However, it's always good knowing a mascara is good for your lashes, eh?
Will I buy it again? I'm a mascara collector (or more like a hoarder), so I don't think I will get it when I run out of it. But it's a good mascara if you have the extra moolahs to spend! :) 

Thanks for reading and hope this has been EXTREMELY HELPFUL!!! :D 

No comments: