Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Review: Coastal Scents Camo Quad

Since smoochiezz show room didn't have my Holy Grail NYX HD Concealer in my colour, I decided to try other concealers. I was desperately needing a new concealer and I decided on Coastal Scents Camo Quad in Medium.

There are 3 colours available, in Colour Corrector, Light and Medium, as seen below:

(Photo credited to http://plustique.blogspot.com/2010/07/camo-quads.html)


To be honest, I didn't have high hopes for this product. It was retailing for S$10 at smoochiezz and so I thought it was going to be like the fake Coastal Scents concealer palette that I got off eBay.



Ingredients list.


The packaging is very compact. Not bulky and not too tiny. It's also flat enough to fit into any reasonably-sized makeup bag. I especially like the back part of the product. The plastic does not feel cheap at all and I think it's durable enough to last me quite a while.


There are 4 customable and blendable cream shades available, from the lightest white to a medium-dark brown.

The white is not useless at all. It's actually a good colour to use on the inner corners of your eyes as a brightener. If you don't like the cream consistency, you can always apply sparkly eyeshadow over it for an instant wake-up oomph to tired eyes.

A distraction: for those who yearn for bigger eyes, the trick to getting them is not just loading on the eyeliner (sometimes too much eyeliner can also hide your eyes). You can make your eyes look bigger by applying pearlescent white/cream colour on the very inner parts of your lids. I usually do it just on the bottom lids. This works because by doing that, you are faking the existence of more "white parts" (no idea what those are called) of your eyes, and this immediately creates larger eyes! :D

OK BACK TO THE CAMO QUAD...



Here are some swatches of all the colours from the Medium quad, first one with flash and second one with normal lighting.



DOES IT WORK?
Yes it does; very well actually. I am pleasantly surprised at how effective this concealer turns out to be. It does its job of concealing excellently and even the toughest and reddest pimple can be covered. Definitely a heavy-duty concealer.

I actually had a very bad skin day yesterday because of too much seafood during reunion dinner. I'm mildly allergic to all seafood except fish, but since it was reunion dinner and the bloody stew was so expensive, I binged on scallops, abalone, oysters and all those sinful things. So I suffered and got bad rashes on my face.

I applied the concealer on my face and I immediately felt better because my face was sufficiently concealed. By that I mean my blemishes and rashes were artificially gone, but my skin still looked natural and not cakey.

I also particularly love the consistency of the cream concealer. It feels like cream, but dries to a powder finish. Rather excellent for days when you want to skip the powder and go for the dewy look.

Overall, this is a surprise find that delivers its promises saliently. Definitely will purchase again! :D

No comments: