Sunday, January 22, 2012

Review: NYX "Stay Matte but not Flat" Powder Foundation

This NYX "Stay Matte but not Flat" powder foundation is part of the HD Studio Photogenic line, of which its concealer has been highly raved by me! :)

I bought it at Smoochiezz showroom for S$15 - a steal in my opinion, considering that drugstore foundations are at least $20.

I bought it in SMP03 Natural, and I have to say this is the powder foundation in which the shade is closest to my skin colour. HIP HIP HOORAY.

One thing to note, I think Smoochiezz only brought in the first 5 colours. I didn't see the next 5 in the showroom; maybe they were out of stock or something.



Ingredients List


The packaging is quite bulky, but I admit I'm surprised at the amount of product given. I thought I will have a meagre amount of product to use, but to be frank, there is a lot of product!

The sponge given is also of good quality. Not those cheap sponges that some companies include in their products just for the sake of putting them in. This sponge is dense, picks up a reasonable amount of product and transfers beautifully on the skin. The thing I like the most is how when I bend the sponge to reach the nose contours, there are no cracks! Usually sponges given in foundation compacts are of so horrible quality that they start to fall apart after a few uses!

I feel confident about this powder foundation already! :D


The colour is a bit yellow here because of the terrible lighting in my room.


Coverage-wise, it's a really above-average powder foundation with reasonable coverage. No complains about coverage at all because I don't fancy foundations that have FULL coverage; makes me look like a mannequin or botox gone wrong.

What I am really digging is how it delivers its promise beautifully. My skin definitely stayed matte but not powdery. There's still some luminosity coming through, and so instead of looking too made-up, I look more natural. And yes, it does feel like silk on skin!

So far so good! I'm seriously hoping that this does not break me out because I like how it feels on my skin. *PRAYS HARD*

No comments: