Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Red coordination

Chinese New Year has never been a festive affair for me. It starts with phonecalls to Indo to wish all the maternal relatives Happy Chinese New Year, and then it is me home alone as all others make their rounds. I can't visit my stepdad's family because that will be weird since they all hate me, so I just stay home, be a sloth, and await angbaos. And Chinese New Year ends calmly that way.

I wanted to spend the second day of Chinese New Year with kengyang, mainly because I feel sorry not being prepared enough to visit his family. I'm never a family person, so such an act is terrible uncomfortable, and I told him that and he very sweetly gave me the okay sign and gave me another year to prepare myself (I'm assuming the second part of this sentence *gulp*).

I have no bright red stuff in my closet, and the only festive thing I have was this dark red sweater. Better than nothing. Turned out, kengyang was wearing a dark red cardigan. YAY TO TELEPATHY. Ok that's just not needed but WHO CARES IT'S MY BLOG.


With my new Charles&Keith sandals. Second time wearing them and they hurt a little less now.


We went to IKEA for our lunch! The original plan was to get the LOHEI set (S$9.80), but nobody around us was eating it, so erm, we decided to scrap that idea and just get what we really wanted. :D


Like CHICKEN WINGS AND SMOKED SALMON. :D Yes, no meatballs in IKEA.


Town was less packed (H&M was a bloody market though) and it was much breezier. The hard truth was that the small shops, which usually sell awesome stuff at awesome prices, were all closed due to CNY holidays and so we ended up getting bored.

In the end, we went to Orchard Central to enjoy the view from the roof garden on the 11th storey (or was it 12th?).

Photos, photos, PHOTOS.




Plaza Singapura went all out with the CNY decorations. My eyes almost couldn't take the orange-ness of the entire place. This decor is too much lar.


My outfit of the day!



Shades: H&M
Sweater: H&M
Shorts: Cotton On
Sandals: Charles&Keith
Rings + Necklace: Gmarket and Forever 21

Tomorrow's another holiday for me, thank you MTV! :D Time to take a good rest and get ready for Thursday's CNY celebration in the office! :)

No comments: