Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Haul and Review: essence (eyeliners + nail polish)

I have heard of essence from so many local beauty bloggers and I cannot wait to get my hands on them! Finally had the chance to stop by Ngee Ann's hugeass Watsons and TADAH the essence booth was there to welcome my arrival. :) Perhaps me pouncing on the booth will be a more appropriate description.

I didn't know what to get, but I heard good things about the eyeliners and nail polishes so I settled on those.

I got myself essence Metallic eye pencil in 01 Black Knight and essence Longlasting eye pencil in 12 I Have a Green.

The first pencil was S$2.80 and the second one was S$3.30. WHAT THE FREAK?! Yes I know, the prices are REALLY cheap. This brand puts all drugstore brands to shame, SERIOUSLY. You may be thinking, bah! maybe the quality is not that good since the price is so meagre. YOU GOT THAT WRONG! The quality is beyond awesome. I AM STOKED AND I WANT TO GET MORE.


01 Black Knight is a unique gunmetal colour with bluish hue.


12 I Have a Green is a bright emerald green!


Swatches with flash.

Look how pigmented they are! I still cannot fathom how such a lowly-priced item can give off such good pigmentation! IMPRESSED.


The metallic eye pencil smudges easily with a light-handed swipe. I guess that's the downfall of this item. The longlasting one certainly is longlasting, as seen in the next few photos...


Even after some intensive rubbing, the product managed to stay put.


I am very impressed with the eyeliners and definitely going to get more colours! So cheap and such good quality. \o/\0/\o/

I also bought their nailpolishes, evidently the brand's most popular item as most of the colours were wiped out already.

I bought 78 blue addicted and limited edition Ballerina Backstage nailpolish in 05 Grand-Plie in Black.

The normal line nailpolishes go for S$2.80 a bottle and the limited edition one was S$3.50 I believe (with twice the amount!).


Swatch of 78 blue addicted - a sheer (buildable) blue polish with a mixture of fine and chunky glitters in a variety of shades of blue.

The problem with this is that the first application is very sheer. This photo was taken after 3 applications. Of course, that wouldn't be a problem because the colour is very buildable.

The glitters are very enticing. I can't wait to apply this soon! :)


Swatch of 05 Grand-Plie in Black.

The photo can't capture the real beauty of this colour. It's a very pretty black polish with fine red glitters! I believe this will look extremely captivating under sunlight! :D


essence has become my favourite drugstore brand already. I'm going to sweep all the eyeliners the next time I'm there!

No comments: