Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Review: Biore Hydra-Clear Makeup Remover

For women who apply makeup on their faces constantly, removing them completely is a daily ritual. Such a habit is extremely crucial for maintaining clear and smooth skin. Wearing traces of makeup to sleep is a huge taboo in the world of MAINTAINING-FLAWLESS-SKIN, and so should be avoided at all costs.

Personally, I had days when I really couldn't be bothered with removing makeup, especially on days when I'm staying overnight at a friend's house for a gathering. I simply could not bring myself to showing the world my OMGWTFTHATISNOTHER no-makeup face. The consequence of that is one that I never want to experience ever again. I had small spots appearing the next day, especially on my t-zone area - the oiliest part of my face. THAT WAS A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Never ever would I want to do that every again!

Hence, I'm constantly on the search for a good, fuss-free makeup remover. In the past, I used to use baby wipes to remove makeup. BAD DECISION because according to Wilson's mom, using baby wipes cannot remove makeup thoroughly; some of it is still inside the pores and baby wipes cannot reach such deep territories!

So she suggested a good oil-based cleanser that should be massaged on the skin (not poured on cotton pad) and then finish the cleansing process by using a good cleanser afterwards. Basically, it's a double-step deep-cleansing process every single night, before bed time.

Terribly inconvenient? Then don't wear makeup. SIMPLE AS THAT.

With that I bring you some awesome good news, I have officially found my HOLY-GRAIL makeup remover, and that's the Biore Hydra-Clear Makeup Remover!

You can easily get this at drugstores nationwide.



This is a water-based product and it promises to remove all traces of makeup (even stubborn waterproof mascaras) and restore your skin to the original, bare condition.

Such promises are too good to be true eh?


Many people will use this product wrongly; they will pour some on a cotton pad and then start wiping off makeup. NOT FOR THIS PRODUCT. What you do is, you just take a sufficient amount, massage on makeup-ed (NEW WORD! DING!) face and then rinse off with water. Simple as that!


AND SO IT IS TIME FOR AN EXPERIMENT! I swatched some eyeliners on my hand, both waterproof and non-waterproof ones and THEY ARE READY FOR SOME HARDCORE MASSAGING.


After massaging in several circular motions, without much pressure, all the eyeliners have dissolved and what's left are just the mixture of the makeup remover and eyeliner pigment.


After a rinse of water, WITH NO PRESSURE ADDED TO WIPE THE JUNK OFF, my hand is clean again. THIS PRODUCT IS FREAKING AMAZING.


When I used it on my face, most of my foundation, eyeshadow and eyeliner dissolve quite easily without much pressure added during the massaging of the product. However, the problem is when I have waterproof mascara on. I have to add quite a bit of pressure before it can start dissolving the mascara pigment. Most of the time, I have to massage my eye area twice to get rid of all the mascara properly, and sometimes it hurts. :(

Fragrance-wise, the Biore Hydra-Clear Makeup Remover has a faint floral scent, not too overpowering.

This is definitely a HOLY GRAIL item for me. I'm going to repurchase and repurchase and repurchase and repurchase and .....

YOU GET WHAT I MEAN! NOW GET ONE AND ENJOY THE MIRACLES EVERY NIGHT! :)

No comments: