Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Review: RIMMEL Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

The sweet Huiling (konkon/chanmychoon) helped me purchase this from London because RIMMEL is cheaper in London, relative to the prices in Singapore! I think it retailed for either 9.99 or 10.99 pounds.

What made me want to buy this is the ultimate long-lasting formula that the brand promises. 25 hours is a hell long period of time for foundation to be on your face (unhealthy too). However, if this works, then it will be an excellent foundation for those who starts their days early and ends late - minimal touch-ups always attracts the ever-so-lazy modern woman.


Another convenient factor about this foundation is that you can pump out the liquid, hence you have good control over how much you want to use on your face. I hate foundations that require you to pour out the liquid on your hands - what if I pour too much? I can't possibly use it on my body or my siblings right?


In this photo, the foundation looks so much lighter than my hand colour, but that's because I was badly burnt during my Europe trip. The colour is still perfect for my face. I bought it in shade 200 Soft Beige.

When I read about the 25-hour promise, I was quite skeptical, because I was highly convinced that the consistency is going to be very thick. And yes, I was right. I applied it twice during my Europe trip, once in Paris, during a really windy and cold day and another time in Barcelona where the heat started to kick in.

Both applications were extremely painful because of how thick the foundation felt on my face. The initial feelings were like as if I was applying clay on my face.

In Paris, the wind and the coldness kept the foundation from melting, so it was fine. However, when I was in Barcelona, I could feel the foundation move on my face slightly two hours after application. I have oily skin, and I guess that's another reason why the foundation melted to fast.

Though the application and the feeling of the foundation on my face were unpleasant, I must say that the foundation truly delivers its 25-hour promise. After a long day out in both cities, I came back to see my skin still flawless (concealer and all) when usually my pimples and scars would already be visible.



Kudos to staying power! Boo to the clay-like texture!

I will only use this foundation for important events like photoshoots or for events where I'm quite sure that I will be in an air-conditioned room. Thinking of using this foundation in Singapore already made me shudder.

No comments: