Tuesday, July 13, 2010

the agony of a part time research assistant

Positive points:
  1. For something that's own time own target, the money is really good.
  2. I get to see what I need to expect as a budding communication research student. (experience points fulfilled)
  3. My boss always treats us to lunch whenever we have a meeting in school.
  4. I have really amiable coding partners, with the exception of one siao chanhuiling.
  5. I learn about advertisements and their effects on obesity. Sounds really corny, but I'm sincerely learning things.
Negative points:
  1. Money is good, but pay is taking ages to come in. I have worked for almost 2 months, and I have yet to be paid.
  2. My social life has been reduced to ashes. I spend half of the week in school and another half of the week at home coding.
  3. Looking at excel sheets makes me want to barf out my breakfast every morning.
  4. My laptop has been suffering from coding because I keep downloading new softwares to support the dvds. That's also because the old softwares kept hanging. So now my MacBook is in a rally bad condition.
  5. Since my work requires me to sit infront of the laptop/desktop computer all day long, I am really scared that I will have additional tummy rolls. However, that has been solved because Ron introduced the p90X abs-ripper on Youtube and I can kiss fat tummy goodbye. :D
More ranting:

What I have to do this week sounds simple, but it's oh-so-tedious. Basically, weeks ago we have written down all the numbers for all our Singapore advertisements for the respective channels. And I'm in-charge of the knnbccb Channel 8, which has the most number of advertisements due to its higher ratings.

So, I have to insert these numbers to the excel sheets. Sounds really simple right?

Fucking wrong.

For each advertisement, I have around 30+ numbers to key in and also I have to write out the audio, visual text and visual picture descriptions.

I have 1286 advertisements. Do the math.

Oh did I mention that my advertisements are mostly in Chinese? FML ttm.

No comments: