Friday, July 3, 2009

Firefox is my new L.O.V.E

I finally said adios to my love-hate relationship with Internet Explorer. It was really getting in my way and on my nerves. 2 minutes after my breakup with IE, I found a new love. Mozilla Firefox is FUCKING AWESOME!

Firefox is obedient, efficient and will correct my mistakes at the correct timings. Amazing boyfriend right? For those still salivating over IE, dump it now!

Anyway, I finally managed to get the photos up after I changed to Firefox. And yes, it is a long long long long post. I am not necessarily always excited about long posts, but this post is the one that I am urging to write the most. I have alot of products to try, and I had alot of fun trying all of them.


Me being really spastic. Didn't know what was up. maybe someone shoved something somewhere and I had to give this kind of pained look, while still trying to do a peace hommie sign. Didn't work. No.


Went for my eyelash perming at Yannie Ang Beauty Centre at Chinatown. Was rather skeptical at first, but after 5 days of wearing make-up, then removing them, I am certain that I didn't waste my money. My lashes still look like the image above after 5 days. Wowie.

Now let's move on to new stuffies!! =)
The visit to Chinatown was rather fruitful; discovering new fabulous small shops.
Reviews for some of the stuff down there, just keep scrolling, just keep scrolling, just keep scrolling.... I love Dory, don't you?


These were the stuff from that tiny shop in Chinatown. Ivy something lar. Don't really remember. But the stuff are all awesomeness!!


I got my GLOW magazine from Watson. That Men thingy is probably going to Lohla. Something needs to be done about those impurities.
But don't you just love the makeup pouch?
They have this Rimmel and GLOW workshops that have awesome goodie bags, and I am still contemplating on whether I should go or not. But I guess many have snatched those limited seats. Hmmm. shall wait for the next issue.


My dear Lily was very nice!!
She finally remembered to bring out the masks! I didn't expect so many, and now I have masks to use again!!HOORAY!! Thank you Lily!! =)


My haul from Ebay:
This sheer top has the nicest paisley print ever. But something's screwed up with the sleeves..makes my arms look more gigantic that they already are. But hey, I shall snip snip snip, and it will be fine. This was 5 bucks.

Another one from Ebay. I desperately need alot of black tubetops because I bought alot of kimono tops and I do not want to have them girls hanging out and about (if you don't get it, it's the boobies, learn some gangsta lingo!! haha). 5 bucks once again.


Another one=) this was 10 bucks cause it was brand new. I just love the pink flowers.


REVIEWS TIME!!!:

Everyday Minerals blushers


I hate these things as a blusher. =.= They are extremely patchy and even by applying by a brush and after blending like CRAZY, they are still in patches. Maybe it's my oily skin, but I don't like the fact that I have to spend so much time on my blusher. Bad blushers.
BUT, I played around and realised that they are excellent eyeshadows! With an eyeshadow base, their colours really pop out, and yes, I am never going to use them as blushers ever again, but as eyeshadows!

Heated Eyelash Curler


I plucked up the courage to get a heated eyelash curler. I am rather afraid of this as I don't want to get mt lids BURNT. These were going for 2 for 8 bucks, so hey! why not try it out?
I was rather surprised that it didn't burn me at all. It's just a tiny feeling of heat on the lashes and you will get used to that feeling.
Don't really know about the curling factor as my lashes are very curled now. Will do this curler more justice when moi lashes are not as curled.

WATSONS STRETCHABLE MASK


PROS:
  • Thought it will be gimmicky, but it works!! It really covers your face tightly.
  • Wee bit of tingling sensation. I like to feel that the product is working.
  • Don't know what else to say, am going to buy more!
CONS:
  • I don't really like the fact that when you pull the masks behind your ears, the stray hairs there are stained by the mask.

LANEIGE STRAWBERRY YOGURT PEELING GEL


PROS:
  • This really smells like strawberry yogurt. YUM.
  • This acts as an exfoliator and I am loving this exfoliator. Usually exfoliators are known to leave your skin all rough and dry, but this one leaves it moisturised. weird but AWESOME.
  • It actually removes a wee bit of blackheads. WOOHOO.
CONS:
  • It's a messy product to work with.
  • I have only one. I NEED MOREEE!

BIOTHERM PORE REDUCER CLEANSING GEL


PROS:
  • This cleansing gel is very very mild. Good for sensitive skin.
  • Very foamy. I love foamy cleansing gels! =)
  • Really does reduce your pores. Well not alot, but at least you see a bit of difference when you apply your foundation.
CONS:
  • The smell. Hmmm. Weird.

BIO-ESSENCE 'TINGLING' MASKS

OMG, I have alot of things to say about this product.

PROS:
  • It tingles like CRAZY. At least you know it's working.
  • It's supposed to firm your skin, and yes I do feel a certain pull.
  • The most amazing thing is, it removes those darn blackheads near your nosehole. I have been trying to get rid of them using cur-up nose strips, and all failed. But this is the only product that has worked. I was like staring intensely at the mask when I pulled it off, because I was amazed that entire blackheads were pulled out. EUREKA!!
CONS:
  • As mentioned above, it tingles like CRAZY. My eyes were tearing when I apply this on my face. Very uncomfortable to work with.
  • Whitening effects are close to none. gua gua gua.
  • Pulling it out was another nightmare. This is a peel-off mask. The feeling is like pullng out a blackhead removing nose-strip, but now it's on your whole face. Ouch.
  • I thought I could scrimp and squeeze 2 usages from each container. but no, you have to apply EVERYTHING for it to work. Oh well, it was on sale. =.=

TEA TREE CLEANSING WIPES


PROS:
  • It has my favourite tea tree scent. Everyone else hates this scent, but I love it!
  • I use this after I remove my makeup and before I start my washing my face, and it was able to remove those darn facial products that the makeup remover can't. So bravo!
  • I thought it would be really sting-y, but no it was rather mild. There is a SENSITIVE version to this, packaged in white. But I think it's good enough for mildly sensitive skin.
  • Well packaged.
  • And for some weird reason, I love the 2 leaves. LOL.
CONS:
  • None at the moment. 5 stars!! =)

And that is all of reviews. Phew. Long long post and really tired fingers and mind. I have to zzz soon.
By the way, I am possibly working as a ice cream stall helper in City Hall when school starts! yay to that! =) The boss said that I was entitled to free scoops of ice creams!! Hooray!

Another long day tomorrow! Let's lay things out:
  • Make fried rice in the morning to bring to lenny house as lunch. (No $$, sad)
  • Go to lenny's house for lunch
  • Accompany Lenny to NUH for his checkup
  • Vivo outing with Lenny and Lily
  • Meet nigel at Outram Part MRT
  • Go Nigel's house for Mahjong. LOL.
Oh crap.

No comments: