Wednesday, February 24, 2016

New camera: OLYMPUS PEN Lite E-PL7

Eh eh, I bought a new camera! 

I've always wanted to get an Olympus camera, but I never got around to buying one because I was using Canon cameras for the past 6-7 years. So, when my thirteenth month pay came in, I decided to treat myself to a new camera. I still have a relatively new Canon G7X, but I think I will give that one to my sister. I much prefer the Olympus! 

I got my OLYMPUS PEN Lite E-PL7 Dual Kit (12-42mm f/3.5-5.6 + 40-150mm f/4-5.6 1) on Lazada for a really good deal. I remember it was on sale for S$699, and then I had a Chinese New Year discount coupon on top of that, so I paid less than S$680 for the whole kit. It's currently on sale for S$749

Delivery was AMAZING. I ordered on Tuesday morning, and my order arrived on Wednesday afternoon. Damn fast leh! 


I'm still experimenting with the camera. I'm lazy most of the time (so.... auto mode most of the time lol) but I'm trying to break out of my comfort zone. 

Here are some photos that I took with the OLYMPUS PEN Lite E-PL7

This filter is amazing (Pale and Light Color 1) - suddenly my house got Japanese feel~ 



Random photographs I took the day I received my camera. No filters/edits applied for the next 2 photos.



I think the OLYMPUS PEN Lite E-PL7 fares better than the Canon G7X when it comes to night photography. It's either that or my hand is more stable when holding the OLYMPUS PEN Lite E-PL7 hehe.

Obviously I'm brainwashing myself that the OLYMPUS PEN Lite E-PL7 is better.

This photo was taken during Chinese New Year Eve at Chinatown Area.


Some photos from Pontianak...


That's my mom and my youngest cousin. When your mother and your boyfriend's mother are excited to carry babies, you know you gotta do something. Is it time for my factory to open?


Another night shot. A bit shaky, but I love it! 


And some of my favourite filters! 


This post was not helpful at all.

Okay, maybe if you want to find good camera deals, you can browse Lazada.

But other than that, it's just me writing about a new camera and my mediocre photography skills. And also, how I'm inclined to stay with Auto mode. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No comments: