Friday, February 19, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day! :)



Valentine's Day this year was a quiet affair. No need for elaborate surprises and gifts, just a simple day out together, looking for delicious food. I prefer it that way actually because I don't like kengyang to spend too much money on me (because I can afford it mah, why need him to buy right?). And also because I tam jiak. Got good food can already :D

I was ecstatic about the smallest thing ever - we wore matching outfits without prior planning. 


His top was very very cute. We saw it in JB last weekend, and I kept asking him to try because walao damn cute can? Floating astronauts!


We had an early dinner at Potato Head Folk and wow it was definitely the right decision to dine there... even though we had rude ladies sitting next to us initially. 

We were sitting on the communal table because the other tables were taken. We were seated next to 2 ladies and these 2 ladies were so kaypoh! Every single time the both of us spoke, they would stop talking and listen, and then they would make some comments. Why so rude one!! Like I was telling Kengyang how cute the burger name "Baby Huey" was, and one of the ladies said, "hey! you wanna order a Baby Huey?" and then they laughed. Maybe I pronounced it wrong lah, but need to so cb or not. 

Just nice after ordering, a couple of customers left and we quickly changed seats. Damn cb!

Okay back to the good food...


I ordered a Baby Huey burger and Kengyang got the Burning Man burger. For sides, we shared Naughty Fries and Wing-Its. 

The 2 burgers were GLORIOUS. They were worth their slightly high pricetags. We opted for the patties to be done medium, and they came in the perfect meat temperature. Why so li hai one?? Most of the places that Kengyang and I have been to always asked for our preference of meat temperature, but the meat would come out super well done. But the burgers at Potato Head Folk... wow... It was really one of the best burgers I've had in my life. I can't wait to come back again to try out all the other burgers. 

The Naughty Fries was different and quite tasty. Wing-Its - not our favourite. I only had 1.5 wings, mainly because I was too full, but also because it wasn't very good. Kengyang had 4 wings, because he didn't want to waste hahaha. 


Perfect burger!!


Initially we wanted to head up to the rooftop for some drinks, but the sky looked pretty ominous. We shelved drinking plans and went to Vivocity! I finally bought my Sherlock Pop! figurine. It was the last one in stock and so confirm must buy right? 

Had dessert at Caffè Bene and heh we were so disappointed. Not nice and almost S$14. :( 


But aiyah, we had a fulfilling time with each other can already. 


Happy Valentine's to my soulmate! :) 





No comments: