Friday, February 5, 2016

My Current Sunscreens


Now that I'm almost 27 years old, I can no longer delude myself that my skin will be fine without sun protection because......despite all the oily and acne bullshit, I can really feel my skin looking more and more lethargic. I think lethargic is not the correct word to use to describe skin, but like super tired-looking lah! I also notice that I'm starting to get hyperpigmentation in some areas. All are easily fixed with concealer and foundation, but I want to be confident in going out of my house without makeup! So, along with daily intake of acne medication, I have also started applying sunscreen every morning. 

My favourite sunscreen right now is the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence (SPF 50+ PA++++). I don't know why need so many plus signs (sunscreen noob here), but I guess the more the better? Haha! I use the Biore sunscreen every morning after my moisturiser and it's wonderful, both as a sunscreen and as a makeup base. It's absorbed very quickly into the skin and is not oily at all. However, the best thing about this sunscreen is how it provides a great canvas for makeup to "sit" on. It doesn't dry matte, more like a semi-matte, semi-dewy finish. Concealer sticks to my skin better, so I can use less for fuller coverage. It's really a great product that I will repurchase again and again! 

The Avène Cleanance High Protection Emulsion Spf 30 For Acne-Prone Skin was a random Watsons purchase, and sadly this breaks me out. The texture is quite thick and when applied, I could feel my pores getting clogged - it's THAT thick. But I don't want to waste it, so I'm now using it for my arms and neck. No problems there! :D

I am really terrified of getting older. Wrinkles, marriage, children. The 3 things I'm still scared to tackle. Yikes. 

No comments: