Saturday, February 13, 2016

Gong Xi Fa Cai - CNY 2016!


Happy Chinese New Year everyone! It's the Fire Monkey year and I don't know what that means. :P 

Every year, I will google snake's fortune for that year, so if you're a snake, here you go! 
  • Master Tsai stated that according to Chinese horoscopes, Snake is in the Fire group and Monkey is in the Metal group. Metal is afraid of Fire. Therefore, Monkey will respect Snake, listen and follow to Snake's requests. 
  • Career: got a bit of trouble, but will be worth it in the end. 
  • Money: stable income and investment.
  • Love: single, will find love (males higher chance than females). Not single, will maintain.
  • Health: shit.
  • General fortune: buay pai (Eng: not bad). 
Don't know lah, I checked one website only. All Master Tsai say one. 

But I'm very confused lor. So many people shared articles on facebook on zodiac fortune predictions for 2016, and snake's fortune always ranked in the first half. Then I bought 8 days, and snake's fortune is LAST. Walao, so like that which one to believe? 

I think the 8 days one more accurate actually. I bought toto and usually I will match 1 or 2 numbers, but this time I have ZERO matching numbers. Goodness gracious. I don't want to play mahjong already this year!!! 


First celebration was with Kengyang's family. We had dinner at Long Beach (Dempsey). 


I don't know why my face like this. 

But the others nice can liao, so post. 


Chinatown was packed to the brim, as usual. 


Then I fell sick on Chinese New Year Day 1. ZZZ. I woke up with 39+°C fever and I felt like shit the entire day. Needless to say, I didn't leave my room at all that day and so I missed day 1 拜年-ing. 

My mom, Kengyang and I left for Pontianak on Chinese New Year Day 2. I think my popo likes Kengyang so the trip was a great one. The scary thing was my popo's sisters and friends. Once they knew I was visiting with my boyfriend, they kept calling her to check if both of us were at home so that they could come and visit and see him. LOL. Luckily not the full group came. Only about 7 of them came to kaypoh a bit. 


Last photo that I took with my popo and mom before Kengyang and I flew back to Singapore.

The journey back was another adventure. Our itinerary was Pontianak-Jakarta, then Jakarta-Singapore, and we had around 2+ hours of transit time.

1 hour before we boarded the flight to Jakarta, it started raining heavily. Confirm will have flooding type of rain. So the flight was delayed for an hour. Should be okay right? Since our transit time was 2+ hours?

Not really.

Really ah, sometimes when you suay, you just suay all the way.

Boarding time for the next flight to Singapore was 13:55. At 13:15, we were still inside the first airplane. People moved SO SLOWLY. We had to take a bus from the plane to the terminal. Just nice, the first bus was full when it was our turn to board the bus, so okay must wait for the second bus. DAMN SLOW. Don't know waiting for what. zz. At 13:30, we reached the terminal, and we were searching frantically for the Jetstar counter to get our boarding passes. Wah just nice again lah, the Jetstar counter was all the way at the end, and we were all the way at the opposite end. RUN AH RUN!! When we reached the counter, passengers were already queueing up for the next flight. WHO CARES! I cut the queue and immediately talked to the nice Jetstar lady in Bahasa Indonesia. She was very nice, immediately printed our boarding passes for us and directed us to the immigration area. We ran all the way to the boarding gate and made it into the plane at exactly 13:55.

I was so hungry and tired. I knocked out on the plane and had a McDonalds upsized meal at Changi Airport. :D


Ok, back to itinerary in Pontianak. haha. 
My mom brought us to Martha Tilaar Salon Day Spa, and was really very cheap. Kengyang and I both had full body massage and my mom had leg massage, leg waxing, haircut and hair treatment, and total was less than S$90. 


Not dodgy type of massage parlour hor. Legit one. Martha Tilaar is one of the most successful brands in Indonesia. 



Then we visited the new shipping office. I practically grew up in the old office (always there after school doing my homework and watching TV), so I wasn't used to this new office.

But hey! Great view from my uncle's large but empty room.


I was very shocked when I saw Gereja Katedral St. Yoseph. Why renovate until so European-looking?? I used to come here when I was young, and in primary 3, we had Christmas sing-along session here.

Too pretty already.


My popo is very proud of her garden.

We also have mango, papaya, coconut, jambu, rambutan, jackfruit trees, so no need to buy fruits already lah like that!



Food photos! Because how can I go to Pontianak and not take photos of the delicious food??




This is my ultimate favourite Pontianak food - Nyam Kway Teow. I can easily devour 2 packets on my own. SO SO GOOD.


Then, it was my turn to visit Kengyang's relatives in Malaysia! :)

I think his relatives more chill than mine haha. But good lah, they all know where Pontianak is ("oh, kun dian! kun dian!").


Ending this post with this photo. Your eyes will thank me. 

My two favourite Chinese actors. Oh my gosh, how come can so charming and handsome one??? 


I sent this photo to Kengyang via whatsapp, and told him I crushed on these 2 guys for soooo long already. 

His reply:

"Ya, after me." 


1 comment:

Blogger said...

Not using an Horoscope app? Download The Most Accurate Horoscope App (Available for iOS and Android)