Tuesday, January 19, 2016

19th day of gratitude

Photo taken by me :) It was a great morning today at Upper Bukit Timah!
I didn't know being grateful was so difficult. My mind always heads towards the "complaining" direction first, and I have to stop myself from being grumpy. It's not about the usual thankyous that everyone deserves. It's when I face something out-of-the-ordinary and challenging. I get flustered, roll my eyes and then express my annoyance. It's not a good habit to have and I'm trying my best to drown the whining bug with positive thoughts. 

Actually, I have quite a lot of things to be appreciative now - Downtown Line (total journey time of 50 minutes to office!), Netflix (motivation while running), understanding bosses (makes me want to work harder), afternoon rains (I love the sound of heavy rain when I'm working. ASMR??), SunMoon Fresh store that sells one of the cheapest salads in the area, et cetera. Not even going to mention the people because this post will be too long, but I love all of them :') 

I'm going to quote the Dalai Lama now. Laugh all you want, but I think these words should be a gospel. 

"The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness." -- Dalai Lama

No comments: