Saturday, September 5, 2015

Travel Skincare


Someone asked me before not long ago,"What skincare products do you bring when you travel?". So it's time to answer that question now. 

In the past, I don't really care about what I brought because I thought bringing what you normally apply on a daily basis would be sufficient. Super wrong mentality. That was why my skin always looked clogged and dull after every overseas trip. 

My current skincare problem is not acne (can we get an amen!) but clogged pores and bumpy skin texture. I also sometimes get dry patches, especially on areas with acne scars. 

Cleansing
  • Makeup removal with Biore makeup wipes. 
  • Double cleanse with Avene Cleanance Gel and SKII Gentle Facial Cleanser. I only double cleanse at night. 
Mask
  • Wash-off masks: Caudalie Instant Detox Mask, Origins Out of Trouble Mask and Origins Clear Improvement Mask. 
  • Sheet masks: Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Masks in Tea Tree and Bija (not in picture, they were all hidden in my luggage).
  • I make sure to apply the Instant Detox Mask at least once every 3 days, and then apply both Origin masks (one after another) daily on specific areas. It may seem excessive, but using them daily improves my skin condition instead of drying it out. If I feel like my skin is feeling a little bit thirsty after all these wash-off masks, I will nourish it with a sheet mask. I apply one sheet mask every night before I go to sleep when travelling. 
Toning
  • When I was in Copenhagen, I tried out a new toner from my beauty salon. It's called Pink Astringent Lotion and supposedly very good for clogged pores. It did nothing much to my skin. No breakouts and no improvement either. 
  • I always make sure to bring a toner because I find that my skin absorbs moisturiser better after toning. 
Treatment
  • Alpha-H Liquid Gold. This has been a great discovery! It's not a miracle product, but it's a slowly-but-surely product. I have used this for 3 months and my acne scars have faded significantly. The problem is I seem to always have new scars because I get breakouts once in a while also HAHA. Ohwell~ Hormonal acne is a tough opponent! 
  • Do take note that if you're trying out Alpha-H Liquid Gold, you need to use it once every alternate evening. And also, don't use any products with salicylic acid before applying the Liquid Gold because apparently that reduces the effectiveness of the products in Liquid Gold. 
Moisturiser
  • The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion. This is an oldie but a goodie. I have used this for the past 2 years and I'm still going to continue using because my skin loves tea tree. I'm not so fond of the night cream version though - it's quite heavy and I think it was one product that clogged my skin. 
  • Etude House AC Clinic Daily Gel Lotion. I always double up on moisturiser because having oily skin does not mean that I don't need moisturising! On the contrary, I have to moisturise diligently with the correct type of moisturisers so that my skin doesn't produce more oil. Very ma fan one, but still must do. 
Spot treatment
  • In case of sudden appearance of unwanted characters like zits, I use Simple Rapid Action Spot Zapper. 
Eye treatment
  • This is also not in photo but I always have a lot of eye cream samples. For this Copenhagen trip, I used Laneige Time Freeze Eye Serum, and wah the sample was so generous! I used that for more than 18 applications and still left A LOT. A bit heart pain when I had to throw it away because it was really nice! 
So I guess the next question people ask is "why are your skincare products so huge when you are travelling?"

This is because I had a check-in luggage. Can check in 30kg what, why I need to specially buy travel sized ones right? If all I had was a carry-on, then I'll be more selective in my skincare products. :) 

No comments: