Monday, July 6, 2015

Review: Peripera Peri's Cushion Lips (OR04 Secret Trip and PK07 Mini Dress)

Peripera is a Korean cosmetics brand that I'm highly unfamiliar with. A quick Google revealed that it's owned by CLIO, which is a brand that I associate with high quality products and relatively more expensive prices. So I guess the company is trying to reach out to a different target demography now? 

To be honest, just by these Peripera Peri's Cushion Lips alone, I don't think I'll ever go in to Peripera to buy any of their products. I didn't like these lip products and I would not recommend them to anyone. 

It's not nightmarishly bad (still good for those who are not as fussy and want to support the current spokesperson, A Pink's Son Na Eun) but you can definitely spend less money on other brand's lip products and they will be more of higher quality than the Peripera Peri's Cushion Lips.  

I got mine on Qoo10 for S$11+ each with free normal mail. 






Packaging: Cutesy and questionable. Initially, I thought the packaging was adorable and fitting for the younger customers that Peripera is trying to target, but it's not functional at all! The "cushion" part in Peripera Peri's Cushion Lips is for the application head of the product. You have to squeeze the tube so that the product is dispensed on the cushion/sponge, then you apply it on your lips as per normal. The cushion is designed to aid even application. Well, it's a great intention, but that's provided you can get product dispensed to the cushion! I squeezed, and squeezed and squeezed and squeezed on different parts of the tube, and NOTHING came out. After like my 2856th squeeze, the product was finally dispensed but it was like a volcanic eruption - I had lip product all over my fingers!

I thought okay, maybe it was blocked due to difference in air pressure while it was being mailed to Singapore, so I tried with the second tube, and this time I squeezed gently once and the product SQUIRTED OUT. I think I wasted like 1/3 of the product. ZZZ.

Yes you have cute packaging and all, but can make it a little bit more user-friendly and function or not???

OR04 Secret Trip

PK07 Mini Dress

Left: OR04 Secret Trip
Right: PK07 Mini Dress
Pigmentation and application: After I got some product out of both tubes, I decided to ignore the packaging blunder and try out the products on my lips. Initial swatches on the back of my hand (also called "opisthenar". I just Googled hahaha) were very assuring because at least the colours were intense and both were decently pigmented. The Peripera Peri's Cushion Lips also swatched very evenly and I was glad that the packaging mishap did not affect the product quality. 

I thought too soon.   

As soon as I applied the Peripera Peri's Cushion Lips on my lips, I realised how much I didn't like them. Here is a list of reasons for my dislike:
  • Application was streaky. In the photos below, you can actually see some of the unevenness. I tried my best to apply evenly already but still cannot! Why like that one?
  • Pigmentation was not as satisfactory on the lips. I had to go over a few times to get reasonable pigmentation.
  • Not long-lasting at all. I made myself coffee after applying PK07 Mini Dress and after I finished my cup of coffee, most of the lip product has transferred to the cup. I understand that all lip products transfer but this one too fast and furious already! It was only a cup of coffee gulped down in less than 10 minutes!! 

OR04 Secret Trip

PK07 Mini Dress
The streakiness is very obvious here. 
I was not a happy camper.

After that day of trial, I have thrown the Peripera Peri's Cushion Lips aside. What a waste of my money! :(

Perhaps I got defective products....

Have a great week guys! 

No comments: