Monday, February 16, 2015

Quick Review: tarte Smooth Operator™ Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

Photo from (x)
It's another quick review and this time it's for the tarte Smooth Operator™ Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder. This has been my go-to finishing powder for the past couple of months and it's definitely one of the more promising finishing powders for those with very oily skin.

tarte has an entire collection of products with Amazonian Clay in them and I used to be a terrible Debbie Downer whenever a friend/acquaintance talked about it. I always asked them if they were not scared of putting clay on their skin for so long and risked clogging their pores. Of course, I was incredibly uneducated in this territory but I didn't want to appear so (lol this ego really must throw out the window). Now....I'm a complete convert.

The tarte Smooth Operator™ Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder does everything a finishing powder should do and more. It's a great closure to your daily makeup routine because you know your foundation would not budge for a long time. I have excessively (and frustratingly) oily skin and this finishing powder helped to prolong the longevity of my foundation. Usually, I give my foundation 2-3 hours before it starts to budge and move around. I don't blame the foundation because my skin's oiliness factor is way beyond the average line. With this finishing powder, my makeup looks fresh for a good 6-7 hours. It's really amazing. The foundation stays matte longer and I don't need to blot as much.

Also, the tarte Smooth Operator™ Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder makes my skin look extra smooth and clear. It's an almost-perfect fit for those with minor acne scarring. Whenever I brush this powder on my face, it really feels like (super cliche to say this) silk. Cannot stop touching my cheeks one! But yes must stop, later more pimples!!

I absolutely recommend this finishing powder to those with oily skin. It keeps your skin looking fresh longer, it keeps your foundation matte longer and it makes your skin feel like silk. Winning formula!

Now I'm rather looking forward to trying out the other complexion products from the tarte Amazonian Clay range, especially the Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation SPF 15 and the Amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation.

No comments: