Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Current favourite foundation tip: Cushion puff + liquid foundation!

Recently, I have been obsessed with this foundation application technique. 

Etude House BB Cushion puff + my favourite Bourjois liquid foundation = natural looking makeup with enough coverage. 

So yes, I need to share this amazing application technique. 
My own photo from this post
This should work with BB Cushion Puffs from any of the Korean brands since they are all essentially the same thing.

After application, my skin looks dewy, healthy and almost flawless. Areas that are supposed to look highlighted are highlighted, redness and acne scars are sufficiently concealed. I love this application!

I realised the main selling point of these BB Cushions is definitely the puffs. It allows maximum coverage because you are applying in a patting motion and not in swiping motion. Moreover, these puffs are designed to absorb as little product as possible - this characteristic already makes puffs a better tool to use than regular sponges or the generic foundation brushes. I used to like applying liquid foundation with my fingers, but I had a brand that oxidised every single time I applied using my fingers, making my face look like a streaky mess. The BB Cushion puffs will fix this as well! When applying with such a puff, you are less likely to transfer your body heat to your skin - less chances for those oxidation-prone foundations to turn a couple of shades darker.

Talking about BB Cushions, I tried the Innisfree Long Wearing one for a week and oh my gosh it's so drying. I have a post coming up describing my unpleasant experience. :( But hor, I found the perfect solution to this too-drying problem. Wait up for the next post ah! :D

Can't wait for the weekends to come. Hurry hurry!! 

No comments: